• Changes to Server go to this thread http://overzealousgamers.com/threads/etpub-changelog.6665/

Intelligence VS Religion

Intelligence VS Religion

• Christianity is the only way to get to heaven

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Beer smokes drugs puccy violence

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

the whole cake

-OZ-Trigger Happy said:
Doesn't really prove squat one way or another in any sort of factual manner :p But I agree, this thread is really going nowhere. I think we just have to agree to disagree :)
F2, cos it means that we learned nothing from the discussion.

I would like to point out that if you know the origins of stories and that they are stories made up to describe the movements of stars in the sky, then you know that they are fictitious. You also know that variants of those stories later down the road are fictitious. This is pretty logical stuff here dude.

Christianity is a compilation of stories from many religions including the zodiac. Many key elements of the bible are pagan and zodiac in origin which is pretty damning to the bible's credibility.

But like I said - its just attack vector if you're attacking the credibility of this bible. Flekzor and I have many more ways to burn, both historical, logically and ethically. Take your pick, you're gonna get burned. :flamer:

blusky

-OZ-Trigger Happy said:
So if this is true, why are there still monkeys or whatever it is we evolved from?
Wow. This is just embarrassing now. Really, I feel bad for you.

-OZ-Trigger Happy said:
But I think it is childish to try and put down anothers beliefs because you simply find them not to your tastes.
Wouldn't you be nasty to people when there's mounds of evidence to disprove their imaginary friend but they're just far to ignorant to comprehend. They also have 'evidence' based on a fairy tale book which contains talking snakes, giants, claiming plants began to grow before sunlight, mass extermination of every living thing, noahs ark, talking donkeys and mental illnesses being caused by demonic possession to 'back up' their claims, wouldn't you get annoyed?

You are telling me your God exists, why? Why not Allah? Why not Thor, Wotan or Odin? Why not Zeus and Poseidon? The many Hindu Gods? Or all the thousands of other Gods? Do you deny their existence? Why/Why not?

Explain to us why your God is true. Let us see why you believe in these absurd stories.

Death_Reincarnated

Humans are not perfect and religion is based on humans therefore its imperfect and many aspects of it (could) have been manifested incorrectly OR uphold erronous values.

Die and you shall find out all the anwsers you need to know about, god, religion, faith, good, evil etc.

Simple really if you think about it.

The interesting thing is why, generally speaking, people are afraid of dying? Are people afraid that you seize to exist or that your actions might have a negative consequence?

Trigger Happy

@blusky, lol you didn't address anything in the post at all. Perhaps it is time to leave this debate to cake, you just look childish in your attempts in comparison :)
@cake,
the whole cake said:
I would like to point out that if you know the origins of stories and that they are stories made up to describe the movements of stars in the sky, then you know that they are fictitious. You also know that variants of those stories later down the road are fictitious. This is pretty logical stuff here dude.
I pose to you, what stories were made and what do we know is fictitious? This debate is largely about what people feel or have interpreted as truth. Anything to do with religion is never going to be accepted as "fact" one way or another :)
Which parts of the bible have pagan/zodiac origins to it? I am intrigued.
Also, I wouldn't give flekz much credit, his arguments are largely the same as blusky's. I like that your arguments are mostly towards the point and hold few personal opinions. That makes for a good discussion on the subject. Either way this argument ends though, I will still believe in God, and you will still believe that this is stupid, but it is still fun to play the game along the way :)

Cheers

the whole cake

-OZ-Trigger Happy said:
I pose to you, what stories were made and what do we know is fictitious? This debate is largely about what people feel or have interpreted as truth. Anything to do with religion is never going to be accepted as "fact" one way or another :)
THAT WAS MY FIRST POST. Do you have no memory? What you're doing is providing a circular argument. You are repeating your questions and misinterpreting our answers. I think you need to stop about now.

Joke :D

I
I pose to you, what stories were made and what do we know is fictitious?
The Bible

e.g.:
Jesus molested some bloke and BAM he was cured of lepracy.
Jesus got some water, said something, did something, and BAM its wine.

I say, photo's or it didnt happen.

CHRONIC

-OZ-Trigger Happy said:
@blusky, lol you didn't address anything in the post at all. Perhaps it is time to leave this debate to cake, you just look childish in your attempts in comparison :)
Nice deflection.

TriggerDawk, if someone like Meagan Fox appeared infront of you naked surely you would bend her over and dent the headboard?

Trigger Happy

No I was asking what parts of the BIBLE had pagan/Zodiac origins to it. Christmas is something to celebrate what is in the bible. What the bible actually says and what people take from it are two completely different things.
Anyway, I think it is both our turn to stop as we are both misinterpreting each other. Before we do though, what do you believe in personally? Creationism, evolution, are you your own God, is there a higher power etc.

Cheers

Trigger Happy

-OZ-Trigger Happy said:
Before we do though, what do you believe in personally? Creationism, evolution, are you your own God, is there a higher power etc.
Don't make me repeat myself over and over now cake.

Cheers

G-Train

Christianity is just a carbon copy of Paganism with a bit of Egyption thrown in to help keep it all together.

I beleive in a higher power but Chritianity just makes me angry, they stole pretty much everything off the Pagans to try and crush Paganism which was the most followed religion at the time and considerred a direct threat to the church.

The bible is a marketing tool and is just a few random blokes(No chicks) perception of what happened up to year 0.

blusky

You're just being ignorant Trigger. You're just a failed fundamentalist, you're likely to come to hell with the rest of us, that is, if it exists (which it doesn't). Tolerance of religious moderates is the attitude that allows religious extremists to flourish. Christianity, Islam and Judaism are forms of sanctioned lunacy (among all other religions). I also find it laughable that the person calling me childish lives his life LITERALLY believing in rubbish. The absurdities you believe in are just embarrassing in this day and age.

Joke :D

tbh i find it incredibly hipocritical saying how religion forces is beleifs on people, and the athiests in this thread are doing very much the same.

I am athiest, i have no prejudice to any other religions, but i do frown upon fanatics and extremists. I don't see why we can't all just accept each others veiws and make babies.

Trigger Happy

lol blusky, again your arguments hold no water. You are very quick to pull the trigger and yell your view out to the world. It is very easy to poke holes into any argument. I have been quite welcoming to put my views out there and have people poke holes through it, now it is time to return the favour. I honestly cannot take you seriously in this argument until you actually answer some questions (with some sources too, not just google it).

-OZ-Trigger Happy said:
I pose a few questions for Blusky in this post, just to see what the opposing views are.
So going back to the creation topic, you say that it is so unfathomable that a God could create the universe yes? Yet you are a man that believes solely in Science and has faith that this Science is right. Lets have a look at what science says in just a laymans look at things.
The start of the universe is these particles that are just magically there yet what was before that? How did those particles get there in the first place? Now lets look statistically at some things too, these magical particles created the entire universe through some crazy 'bang' where they all crashed at the EXACT right time/place that created heaps of stars and planets. Out of all of these planets, only one contains life (so far I guess you could argue). So how is it that such astronomical odds happened to create the universe in its entirety and yet only one planet was made EXACTLY right (not too close, not too far from the sun etc). Now on this planet that spawned life, we all started out as single cell organisms right? So those then evolved into more complex beings until we eventually became what we are today. Now with evolution, how does that work? Why do animals etc evolve in the first place? From what I have studied on it, it is mutations that are carried out over many many years that eventually get you differences in order to adapt or things like that to the environment. So generally speaking you have what is natural selection that takes place and it wipes out the older species that hasn't mutated since it didn't adapt. So if this is true, why are there still monkeys or whatever it is we evolved from? If we adapted this way, why are we the ONLY species on the entire planet that is as smart as we are? How come we are the only ones that made it this far? Why is there nothing else that is close to us and why in the entire human lifespan of when we became 'smart' has there been no other evolution of any kind? Sure we wouldn't see anything major, but we should still start seeing the minor changes in the next generation of our species. Now don't get me wrong, I know evolution happens in nature, we have seen it. But humans are not nature, we are above that in so many ways. Every creature you find in nature have traits and characteristics that make them completely suited to their environment and all have specific purposes. How is it that we hit these astronomical odds to evolve to become where we are? It seems almost like you have to have a higher amount of faith in science to believe it than it would take to believe that someone made us.
Both sides are pretty far fetched when you really think about what is behind it all. It is easy to say we were created or we were evolved and to believe either one, yet to say that one is more stupid than another is quite narrow minded I would say.

Cheers
Cheers

Sunncaeks

Blusky's best friend in High School was Charles Darwin, I hope you know.

joke =D said:
tbh i find it incredibly hipocritical saying how religion forces is beleifs on people, and the athiests in this thread are doing very much the same.
Also, Lies.

the whole cake

The shear number of posts in this thread is blurring my initial post, which addressed basically everything Trigger has said. He is repeating himself now.
And like with what Joke=D said about atheists pushing their view - I addressed this also. But its on the previous page. We have got to get this thread locked. Im not going to continue in this discussion now because I'm just copypasting. I cannot find any more ways to word the same argument.

Either you understand logic and argument, or you don't. To my buddies: Faith is a polar opposite of scientific method, thus logic and debate. You can't debate with these people - they will wear you out until you just cant be bothered anymore.

My advice is Dont fall into the traps. Twisted word games are everywhere. Just progress in life as you normally would and dont let them get you down. The world desperately needs more smart people like yourselves. Absolutely never feel bad for being the only correct one in the room. Have an absolute blast and be proud that you are significantly awesome as to see though what most people on earth are too dumb to. :flamer:

Forever trust in who you aaare... and nothing else maattterrrs :p

Trigger Happy

lol ok cake. Clearly being "smart" has everything to do with what we believe. If do you not wish to put down in plain words and would like to refer to previous posts, that's fine. No one really likes to put themselves out there to a statement, all arguments have holes and you don't want to be shown those holes.
I think you will find that I understand arguments quite well, if you like to use the ole "razzle dazzle em" method of proving a point that is fine, but it really doesn't prove anything to those that don't already lap up your every word. I have a picture of a man whose head looks like a pumpkin, from this picture you can clearly see that they must have actually evolved from a pumpkin. Go see for yourself, clearly this is true as I have a picture to prove it (which by the way, please google to find said picture). That is your arguments over and over cake. Don't feel bad that there are people out there who like to see facts to your arguments, I think there are more that prefer to just see you running around in your posts like a politician trying to answer a question: So Minister for the Environment, are you building a dam in X town or what? "As you can see in my quarterly report, the new dam will give lots of jobs and power to X amount of homes and will benefit Australia in no less than 400 different ways!" So I take that as a yes then? If so, what about the hundreds of people being left homeless? "If you refer to document 5g part 3, we have done surveys to find that no more than 99 people live in the area". *Slaps forehead* never mind....
So to all those out there that did enjoy the debate and cake's flair in the matter, I am proud that you have more faith in his words than many Christians put in their faith. Don't be afraid to ask for proof of arguments, take blusky as an example. He was asked for facts and instead you get the WTF ROFL you're so stupid reaction. That is a compelling argument blusky, I am so glad you brought that to the table :)
So in conclusion, it was fun. It was pretty much how I expected the debate to go and I am sure many will rage that I got the final word but I guess you can be the bigger man then and just move past this argument :)

Cheers

Status
Not open for further replies.