• Changes to Server go to this thread http://overzealousgamers.com/threads/etpub-changelog.6665/

Is there a band that are worse than Nickelback?

the whole cake

We interrupt this thread to bring you

THE *bang!* WHOLE! *..bang!!* CAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAKE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

OK the way I see it. There's a couple of different metrics at play here. There's more than one way to measure a band & thus give an opinion.
Off the top of my head I can quickly think of 3:

ABILITY: Ability to play instrument technically.
TYPE: Type of music/tunes played on instruments when able.
SOCIAL: Social values, ethics/ethos however you want to say it.

Now for nickelback, here is how the whole cake rates them.
(You'll note that the more precise you make your metrics, the less 'opinion' is involved as its closer to established fact.)

ABILITY: Can play instruments. Majority of their material is produced and decided via non artistic means (market, business, generic song templates, 3:30 length, etc)
TYPE: Music they decide to/able to play is generic, bland, and has actually been caught out ripping off and reusing material (google it yourself). An insult to rock.
SOCIAL: They are a bunch of christian twits. Absolutely nothing about them which is enlightening or intellectual, or even clever. All & all, they are in league with those who promote hatred and segregation guise of something positive (religion), and they exploit the weak (seen 5am christian shows? ever tried being gay around your average church?).

Summary
People are actually willing to pay money to go to the concerts and shame them out. They are a fake band set out to make dollars by targeting the market of generic 'Ooh I like that tune' people who listen to the radio at work, backed by an enormous multi-national entity (the church) which gives them an advantage to getting on air in 101 different ways.

Furry

There is one band, that is worse then Nickelback and that band is

Cannibal Corpse no joke the worlds worst band

G-Train

^^Rubbish, saw them live and they are animals. :twisted:

I think you meant to say G.W.A.R. - they take sheet too far :eek:

Sunncaeks

Lol. Cannibal Corpse get boring after a while, I mean they've basically released the same album for like a decade now. But they're still a bunch of good musicians. Could probably still do with Jack Owen though, but oh well. But he's now in Deicide. :S

WickedFizz

They both are just horrible, theres only so much lyrics about raping dead bodies a person can take.

As for soljah boi, i will murder him oneday alone with kesha... the bitch that sings (talks with music in the background) - Tik ToK

Sunncaeks

They don't JUST sing about raping dead bodies. The only song that springs to mind is Worm Infested, but then again, I don't listen to a lot of CC, lol. Nickelback is far worse though. xD

the whole cake

WickedFizz said:
They both are just horrible, theres only so much lyrics about raping dead bodies a person can take.
Hehe fizz well I hate to burst yer bubble. Its not just one band. There is an entire genre about raping dead bodies. Hey to be honest I might have to SORTA agree with fizz in principal here. I mean yeah aside from his filthy remark about cannibal corpse, I do have to say I prefer metal which is epic and triumphant and evil. Not like, oh wow that bit was brutal. And that bit and that bit and that bit. Gotta have something in there to pull your soul down to hell and have sex with it.