• Changes to Server go to this thread http://overzealousgamers.com/threads/etpub-changelog.6665/

Lets get more people into ET

Death_Reincarnated

Although a good idea in theory, the sad reality is the rate of new players coming to this game is slower than the rate of those players leaving the game.

Yes it is partially due to the community of players that play on the server but also there are newer FPS games out there and even though this one is free people prefer to play those than ET.

BUT...

It doesnt matter if youre a noob in ET or COD..you will still get owned initially and quite honestly the newer FPS games have more spam and SK dealt during match play than in ET.

If a incarnate version of ET could be made soon and keep the nostalgia of the old one to some degree then this would be a massive sucess...unfortunatelly it didnt work so well for Goldeneye on Wii....fakin bobbla BS remake sif not usse brosman and screw up the facility map...baaaaah..

Anyways its worth a try but I doubt it will work IMO.

noobItUp

Super Moderator
Staff member
Good job messy!

Does this mean we are going to see a wave of new guys with mad sniping skillz?

Messenjah

nelots said:
SPONSOR ME TOO MESS YOU FAT KENT!
Check your inbox for a copy of the contract.

Once you return it to me signed and dated you'll receive a response within 5 working days.

Horus I'm willing to give you my sniping haka files for free.

matilda

DerpLyfe
I'm trying to entice a colleague to play ET and am trying to find the guide/files/installation notes which, if I'm not mistaken, BR wrote? Not sure ...

Anyways, on a related issue, the links at the top of the OZ webpages don't work e.g. "Downloads". :-_-

matilda

DerpLyfe
Black Racoon said:
I'm resolving those links hopefully within the next day or so,
Thanks, BR. Also to buttz :)

Regarding your links, they appear to work in some versions of IE (7+) but not in IE6 (noob tried that) and not in Firefox.
Weird ;>

Black Racoon said:
P.S and /connect ozserver1.dyndns.org
Ahh that's neat! I'll use that myself! :banana:

micky

matilda said:
Regarding your links, they appear to work in some versions of IE (7+) but not in IE6 (noob tried that) and not in Firefox.
Your first issue is that you are using Internet Explorer. . . .

Also heres an idea with dealing with newbies or people that just can't play as well as they'd wish.
Have a server just for them. Say the K/D goes above a certain point get kicked or spec or something.
That way newbs get the fun of killing instead of the pro's spawn killing and the newbs walking nowhere before dying.

helSo.

have 2 et shortcuts one for oz and one for other go one of them if running windows right click go down to properties in the target text box in properties type connect ozserver1.dyndns.org:27960 at the end of the text so it looks like
[attachment=4:3gcbnod8]oz 1.jpg[/attachment:3gcbnod8]
[attachment=3:3gcbnod8]oz2.jpg[/attachment:3gcbnod8]
[attachment=2:3gcbnod8]oz3.jpg[/attachment:3gcbnod8]
[attachment=1:3gcbnod8]oz4.jpg[/attachment:3gcbnod8]

"C:\Program Files (x86)\Wolfenstein - Enemy Territory\ET.exe" connect ozserver1.dyndns.org:27960
or the server ip

"C:\Program Files (x86)\Wolfenstein - Enemy Territory\ET.exe" connect 202.164.193.39:27960

for the second shortcut take out the (depends on which one you used) connect 202.164.193.39:27960 or connect ozserver1.dyndns.org:27960 and leave it as

"C:\Program Files (x86)\Wolfenstein - Enemy Territory\ET.exe"

rename one so you know the difference between the two :D[attachment=0:3gcbnod8]oz5.jpg[/attachment:3gcbnod8]

Attachments

Black Racoon

Head Poncho
Staff member
micky said:
matilda said:

Also heres an idea with dealing with newbies or people that just can't play as well as they'd wish.
Have a server just for them. Say the K/D goes above a certain point get kicked or spec or something.
That way newbs get the fun of killing instead of the pro's spawn killing and the newbs walking nowhere before dying.
I do like this idea, like a training sever, -OZ- Newbies. Once you hit 1.7 KD ur ready for the big server. Sounds good. And those not so skilled players could get some practice wihtout being poned in their spawn. But if we made it 30 slots we'd eventually have the majority move over to it, and then it would just be excluding the REALLY good players with high Kd's so keeping the newby server small would be optimal. (I know I'd be praccin on there), my KD is around... 1.01? Maybe we could have some skilled bots on there or something as well.

Regards, BR

micky

Sunncaeks said:
I'm *still* sponsoring Micknight here. Lol. ;]
Lol really. I hadn't known xD.

Black Racoon said:
(I know I'd be praccin on there), my KD is around... 1.01?
I don't think mine ever gets above 1, and i've been playing for a year now :oops:

matilda

DerpLyfe
micky said:
No, I'm using Firefox.

noobitup and I have tested on a couple of versions of IE - one works the other doesn't.
noob also says the links don't work under Chrome.

G-Train

Thanks to noobie for assuming the role of sponsor, following me and rezzing me constantly.

<3 noobeh

micky

matilda said:
micky said:
No, I'm using Firefox.

noobitup and I have tested on a couple of versions of IE - one works the other doesn't.
noob also says the links don't work under Chrome.
Works on Safari. Well except for that one day. but otherwise yeah.
I don't think it's the browser but more the server thats the issue.