• Changes to Server go to this thread http://overzealousgamers.com/threads/etpub-changelog.6665/

Make Love Not War!

Antagonist

Hey can u guys bring back the 5 shot suicide rule for panzers... seems to be an influx of retarded kamikaze panzers, and its a great rule and well suited to this server.. and its a great laugh when some newb shoots a pack @ u and asks why his precious panzer wont work muhahahaha..

you guys chuck a limit on most classes.. time for the panzer newbs to feel the burn.

nelots

G-Train said:
Great idea, sick of newbs shooting their feet for that precious 1 man kill :evil:
But I thought I was playing quake and I was trying to rocket jump across the map :(

Fraggle

well if your like me g-train :lol: its 2 man kill..... sept im the second man! :lol:

I dont mind though so long as i take you out as well im all good :twisted:

Antagonist

i personally have no problem /killing on a panzer, but it was a great rule when it was around, and was responsible for many a chuckle!

Trigger Happy

I think personally that it is fair enough to allow people to have their unlimited /kills vs the panzer allowing to shoot their feet.
If we bring in the make love not war change, I think we should limit the /kills to the same amount so you can only /kill up till they shoot packs otherwise a panzer player will never get kills.
That is just my opinion though.

Cheers

Antagonist

i have to disagree, going by that your assuming panzers get all there kills by suicide... id love to see panzers going back to being pro... if they got something to loose then perhaps there is less chance of newbness.. instead of ppl like Matilda standing in there own spawn hoping for someone to go by instead of helping his team actually do something.
but most of the players on OZ have lvl 4 heavys as soon as they join... so there already at a major advantage with an smg as well.. i think its a great idea.. ppl like buttz had no problems with it when it was on, i can see the others having no problem with it as well.. good opportunity to step your panzer skills up tbh

Trigger Happy

Yeah I guess, it doesn't really bother me all that much. Just have to remember that OZ caters to those who aren't as skilled as yourself and we still need to look after them. Putting in the MLNW thing without limiting /kills just makes it easier for non-panzer people to completely rid those with panzer (in the general sense) as you can just keep /killing till they vaporise 5 times and then you are free to just pick them off each and every time afterwards. At this late stage of the game's life, I don't think we will see too much improvement of panzer players as there was back in the day and OZ is more of a chill out kind of pew pewing, not really that competitive kinda place. Because of these reasons, that is why I would disagree and say that MLNW without limiting /kill would teeter the balance too much towards the good players.
That being said, I don't actually control the settings on the server, that is an admin decision. If they say it is ok then we can pop it on. I would still advise against it though :)

Cheers

nelots

Antagonist said:
ppl like buttz had no problems with it when it was on, i can see the others having no problem with it as well.. good opportunity to step your panzer skills up tbh
Lol, you can't compare my homo panzer skills with others on the server here.
I mean seriously, putting MLNW on will make all panzer players shoot med packs in less than 2min.
Another way you can even the tides is to enable party panzers and make them shoot 30 rockets per shot
Make sure you arrange the shot formation to "/kill this" :)

Antagonist

you had the right idea tho, start with your smg, hide and finish with your panzer... how it should be done, not some newb pointing at his feet praying he hits the floor faster then u hit his head

nelots

Antagonist said:
you had the right idea tho, start with your smg, hide and finish with your panzer... how it should be done, not some newb pointing at his feet praying he hits the floor faster then u hit his head
Maybe you got me mixed up with somebody else since I mostly attacked with panzer :)

Flekzor

seriously would be h3lla good to see this make love not war things at least trial b4 xmas get on it . i also cant wait to see the threads the newbs make when they start only shooting med packs.

CHRONIC

Panzars are pathetic on this server
Spuds camping there own spawn to get cheap kills.. (hi bluey zarstoff and matilda)

Flekzor

dont look at just them virtually everynoob that is GHEY enuf to pick up a panzer self kills for the chance to make a singular kill not only that they dont mind taking team mates with them.... and even half decent players like gutz once he gets to stoned he is also known to whip out a fair bit of self killing becos he is fair to baked to play properly

The Admiral

Flekzor said:
dont look at just them virtually everynoob that is GHEY enuf to pick up a panzer self kills for the chance to make a singular kill not only that they dont mind taking team mates with them.... and even half decent players like gutz once he gets to stoned he is also known to whip out a fair bit of self killing becos he is fair to baked to play properly
Pfft. If a team mate is in the way of the rocket, it's his fault. After the forth time of hearing the panzer noise and being blown up, most people begin to hold down the shift key try to run in any direction. I trust neither team-mates or enemies with panzer. They're like a third team all on their own. Not going for objective, just trying to scare everyone and TK and be like 'woops forgot to lean'.

Seriously, if you guys went panzer and TKed with it more, you'd realise that being an indiscriminate skillless panzer is more fun than being a SMG pro.

SMG Pros show off their KD's to boost their ego. Panzers show off their own team raging at them to boost their ego. And damn, that's what I love about OZ.

Flekzor

clearly the logic u seemed to have b4 in Flekz Flame Warz thread has clearly been lost here as this is a thread raging newb panzer that are self killing just for the chance to kill opposition where u ramblings are about tking with panzer. read up.

The Admiral

mmm, didn't read most of it. saw the killing teammates and the though 'that is what panzer is all about' hit me.

Run and shove on the panzers aiming at the ground. shoving into teammates = lolz.

kamikazeeing with panzer is just easier than kamikazeeing with nades, which is easier than pulling out a smg to kill that enemy medic with more hp than you and years more et experience. if everyone was easier to kill, we wouldn't need panzers. Thus, i propose setting max hp for all classes to 1 and disabling any explosions - because everyone deep down thinks field ops explosions are lame and stop you running through an area for way too long.

On a side note, bring back adrenalin. Then no one will bitch about panzers. I liked adrenalin. Gave me some motivation to run and get the gold crates on gold rush. Now I figure it's more fun to just sit up on the bridge and camp the main axis spawn exit at tank barrier 2. also, adrenalin makes it easier to get out of your camped spawn. adren and run like hell. makes it lots harder for you to die, unless you're mentally retarded, in which case you deserve to die (ingame death, not real death. Don't want human rights people abusing me for saying mentally unfit people are a drain on society's resources etc).

More serious response:

It's gay, but it's the easiest way for them to get a kill. Which is why they went panzer in the first place - easy kills. I prefer r-nade in general (due to the lovely engineer charge time on the server, and the lack of charging up delay, though I do miss the awesome panzer firing sounds almost every time I click), but r-nade is a fair jump in skill from panzer. Sure, they're both noob weapons, but everyone knows panzer is significantly more noob. r-nade kamikazee = hard for the unskilled.

No settings are really gonna change this though. Enabling make love not war just means the other team is going to get angry at the arse on their team stealing the panzer and not using it. Which will hopefully result in that player getting kicked after refusing to give someone else the panzer, which technically means that enabling make love not war will get rid of the true panzer noobs. /flawless logic

But yeah, lets have adren. I prefer it to lack of it. It makes the pro meds better, but if adren is on, I have an incentive to go pro med. And if it is getting overused, you could slightly lower medic charge time which should lessen the power of medics in long-term camping as it reduces the amount they can pack. Thus, everybody wins if adren is turned on!!!