• Changes to Server go to this thread http://overzealousgamers.com/threads/etpub-changelog.6665/

New Banner

Ryno981

-OZ-Fraggle said:
Cruz can we change the school yard lined paper and make that the same grey as the wall?
Please!

HB can we get some orange like a rust or burnt orange or red in the center logo?
Or even better the -OZ- colours!

Thanx
Fraggle
It'll look gay with the grey D:

& HB - i dont think he can fraggs :p his photoshop skills arent that advanced :p (He can do the -OZ- colours though)

Fraggle

Now we are starting to cook with gass HB and Cruz may I see it anyways you can always undo it ....

Thanx

noobItUp

Super Moderator
Staff member
No votes until sunn has made one please. I have been discussing this with him for quite some time and I believe he has some quite interesting sounding ideas.

Fraggle

-OZ-Trigger Happy said:
HB man, OZ tag with colours...that's all I ask.

Cheers

I was meaning this Trig thats why I said we were STARTING to cook with gas when he put the yelllow and green around the OZ now if he could use a darker shade of yellow and green on the OZ it should be getting there!

by Synonym » Sat Nov 20, 2010 9:25 am

So, uhh, I guess I started a banner war. Oops.
I wouldnt say its a "War" but you have certainly pulled OZ together as a team to come up with some ideas for a new Banner!
Well Done!!
Keep up the good work!!
May the Best Banner win!

Just remember folks this is not so much about the person behind the banner but about whats gunna make our forum look the best!
Please dont lose sight of this!
Its not member against memeber!!
If anything at ALL Its Banner against Banner!
Just putting it out there!

Thanx
Fraggle

Mozzie

-OZ-noobItUp said:
No votes until sunn has made one please. I have been discussing this with him for quite some time and I believe he has some quite interesting sounding ideas.
Meh Sunn needs to get his arse into gear then lol, we're ready to vote NOW! :flamer:

The Admiral

Synonym said:
@Admiral: That was pretty racist C.C. There are also no members of the fairer sex featured either.
2 of 18 TF2 characters isn't Caucasian (RED + BLU demo) (pyro is debatable but we'll just ignore it for now, so make that 2 of 16).

1 of 10 ET characters isn't Caucasian (only Allied F Ops is)

Thus, the odds of randomly picking two non-Caucasian characters is 2 in 160, or 1 in 80, which is like, 1.25%. Which is pretty close to 1 in 100. So probability wise, it is very surprising that there are no Caucasian characters on the banner, and my statement is not racist, but is in fact, a rather reasonable statement to make. If both characters were bald, I would've said something too. Or if both were TF2 or both ET.

0 of 18 TF2 characters are girls (pyro is debatable, but again, we're ignoring it, but we'll make it 0 of 16 to keep it even).
There is a single girl in an RTCW banner. But, as far as I know, she isn't a playable character in stock ET (I think you can get a female medic skin though?), and we're ignoring the female enemies in RTCW because -OZ- never played RTCW.

Thus, there is almost a 0% chance of their being a female on the banner, and thus the fact that there isn't, is not at all noteworthy and thus there was no expectation for me to comment upon the lack of a girl in the banner.

Thus, my statement was an entirely reasonable statement to make.

Trigger Happy

Oooo tough decision.
I think at this point I'm leaning towards Cruz's one. HB, yours is good but there is just something about Cruz's that catches my eye.
The standards are getting raised pretty well atm, good to see a bit of competition to get the best OZ banner we can ;)

Cheers