• Changes to Server go to this thread http://overzealousgamers.com/threads/etpub-changelog.6665/

Rippas Serial Pest

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rippa

Righto people ive had enough of this bloke.....after many clashes with the 'serial pest' ive decided about the only thing i can do is !warn him. But 1st i need that power. i would ask anyone who reads this post to comment on weather or not you think i deserve this power. personally i see it as the only way to deal with this fella as admins [no offence] take far to long to deal with it, thats if theres an admin avaliable. Otherwise i think my et days are numbered as i really cbf with this kind of bother.
Please consider my request oz .... Btw if i abuse the power then take it away but at least give me the chance, cheers that would be appreciated.... Rippppppppppppppppa

blusky

Definitely consider this request.
Without making another topic.

The moderators REALLY need to lift their game. Honestly they are SO slow at kicking the serial pest, so what if he connects in 2 minutes? - kick him again. You can't be like HURRR ILL SPEC - you shouldn't need too, it's the spastic with 0 XP being a FGT and having complaints slammed on him.

The serial pest should be given no leniency and it's actually frustrating watching moderators not even notice that other players are getting annoyed so bad by this retard. Learn from overmars and kick/freeze the rat as soon as you suspect it's him - he uses the same aliases and isn't hard to track, seriously.

GIVE ME POWERS, CHEERS XOXO
PM that I sent Black Racoon that I got no reply too...

I would love to have moderating powers for solely two reasons.

1) kick the serial pest

2)OBVIOUS hackers( when no mods are on)

It's extremely frustrating watching the serial pest run a muck while many of your moderators are VERY slow at kicking him.

For instance the serial pest was on just before and managed to kick TWO people before I started to tell the mods that were on at the time - this shouldn't happen and it really is hurtful for the players who get kicked. I really shouldn't have to say anything, the mods should realize who the serial pest is as soon as he comes on and starts acting up. You may or may not know that the serial pest is quick with changing his name and your mods could not follow this at all. So yeah, after he kicked two people he started mouthing me via PM and then he disconnected so in that roughly 5 minute time period he kicked 2 regular players and the mods did nothing. It's just frustrating when I could of simply kicked him straight away.

Regards.

Furry

Well Rippa i was talking to the name stealer and apparently you and others were harassing him and vote kicking, but i do believe you didnt vote kick him without a reason. the reason why it was taking so long is cause i was getting too many pm's from people such as frendy yourself and iceman and others of course and the name stealer himself after you left in anger he calmed down and stopped and chose a different name. and i do belive at one stage there were 3 rippas o_O just be patient for gods sake you cant expect me to answr 5 or 6 different pm's and !listplayers and make sure i kick the right person instead of yourself and shouting at me kick the (massive potty mouth) dosnt help either. Not that the kick was needed anywayi told him the rules and he stopped o_O

amacide

ET Moderator
-OZ-Furry said:
Well Rippa i was talking to the name stealer and apparently you and others were harassing him and vote kicking, but i do believe you didnt vote kick him without a reason. the reason why it was taking so long is cause i was getting too many pm's from people such as frendy yourself and iceman and others of course and the name stealer himself after you left in anger he calmed down and stopped and chose a different name. and i do belive at one stage there were 3 rippas o_O just be patient for gods sake you cant expect me to answr 5 or 6 different pm's and !listplayers and make sure i kick the right person instead of yourself and shouting at me kick the (massive potty mouth) dosnt help either. Not that the kick was needed anywayi told him the rules and he stopped o_O
Well said, Furry... Being inundated with PMs doesn't help type !kick commands any quicker.

Rippa said:
OHH YEAH I THINK RIPPAS GOT A POINT THERE YOU SHOULD GIVE HIM !WARN POWERS
Hehehe Rippa. You're always good for a laugh :)

Dr.Dre said:
Give me admin as well please.
The serial pest is a comedian! Of course, the real question is WHY?

Cheers.

blusky

-OZ-Furry said:

^^^ Pretty much why it would be nice if you gave myself moderating powers. If the mods are dumb enough to fall for the serial pests BS and let a constant tker/bleeder/kicker/muter/spastic play on the server then you're in trouble. Why would you let him play even if he stopped bleeding players?

He has been permanently banned numerous times but he knows how to evade it. Kick him straight up and don't be an idiot about it - he ruins the server for everyone, especially the newer players.

JoKeR

I always ban him when i see him on. So ill give my fellow OZ members the way i use of finding out who he is when hes on.

His ping is always 50

He always rambles on and talks alot in game

And he obviously picks on a certain player to bleed and tk the whole time

Also admins find out if he has been pming any1 constantly, because thats what he always does to get a reaction.

Hopefully this will make it easier to spot him and kick on site :D

CHRONIC

Players who deserve some form of power on the server:
-Blusky (questionable choice)
-Gemanix (questionable choice)
-CHRONIC
-G-Train (questionable choice)
-PrinceOfDarkness (questionable choice)

The Admiral

-OZ-JoKeR said:
I always ban him when i see him on. So ill give my fellow OZ members the way i use of finding out who he is when hes on.

His ping is always 50

He always rambles on and talks alot in game

And he obviously picks on a certain player to bleed and tk the whole time

Also admins find out if he has been pming any1 constantly, because thats what he always does to get a reaction.

Hopefully this will make it easier to spot him and kick on site :D
Ignore Joker's post. He was going to kick me because he thought it was me until someone else was like 'Dude, that's Admiral'. :p

+1 to Gema, Rippa and G-Train. Haven't played with the others all that much lately. But Gema was heaps of fun last night.

G

you can ask away on powers but i can tell you truthfully, i dont believe any of you will get it :) and thats puttig it kindly. i hate bums and pests too but there isnt much to do at the moment. the only power which does work is freeze and thats all that we can really do seeing as ban doesnt work and kick doesnt either.

But look thanks for the advice and constructive criticism. As for roberto, i dislike your comments but do know where you are coming from, i wish you wouldnt diss oz on a constant basis now that you are out of the clan. I did believe that it could be possible to be on nice ground with each other but yu are certainly making it difficult.

Also regarding the powers of POD, i believe he does have some but look we will talk it over and maybe we can make a special one for you. I am always in favour of having special privileges :)

gemanix

i put on an act. "im the best" "g i a" and all that. i've got the worst gaming set up now. i downgraded my gfx card so that the computer wasn't so noisy. i have these tinny little speakers. gone are the days where i shoot for heads - i'm lucky to hit feet now. so yeh, while i come across arrogant, i'm playing it up for reaction - and often i get one - like when i got kicked last night by some random.

I'd make a terrible fit here as admin. m8 i'm too liberal. i donated once, and i might again.

but on topic...
you cannot stop the serial pest without serious disruption to the server.
there are options:
- ban his entire subnet. it would involve banning a large part of bigpond queensland.
- introduce a player registration system (like internode did in it's dying days)
- continue to ban him whenever you can. unfortunately, this involves an admin willing to police it, which honestly hardly ever happens. most OZ just want to play.

!warns are ineffective, because ultimately the punishment is a guid ban, which he easily bypasses and reconnects within seconds.
when i was orcon admin, I did the policing thing, and the following sort of works.
the most painful ban for him is an ip address ban, because it involves him having to reset his modem for a fresh ip address.
eventually this causes him to give up and move on.

for players without admin rights, note the following
if you confront him, he name steals you, then tks others, then makes you get the blame by imitating other "annoyed" players.

do absolutely nothing. as hard as that is to do...
he team bleeds you in the back down to 25hp. do nothing. let him tk you. change teams if you can. do not confront him. do not speak to him. do not "wtf???" him. do nothing.
do not discuss him to others. do not talk about him if he leaves. do not talk to your friend about him.

his goal is conflict, and confrontation, and attention. deny him this and he moves on to an easier target.
there will always be someone else that will react. dont be that person and you will not be the target.

G

whycant you all be as intelligent as gem?
:p
but seriously his like a pimple on your butt
he hurts but if you keep touching it, it will just getting grotty
and even if you pop it he will come back
so yeah :)

but i dont expect many et players to listen, after all you all kill people and rage too much :p

CHRONIC

pb_ban him, at least that will slow him down more than an ip ban (he'd have to reinstall)

Oh wait..
..there is no pb

Fraggle

Dr.Dre said:
Players who deserve some form of power on the server:
-Blusky (questionable choice)
-Gemanix (questionable choice)
-CHRONIC
-G-Train (questionable choice)
-PrinceOfDarkness (questionable choice)
:lol:

gemanix said:
I'd make a terrible fit here as admin. m8 i'm too liberal.
Atleast your honest!!

Stinkvis

Dr.Dre said:
pb_ban him, at least that will slow him down more than an ip ban (he'd have to reinstall)

Oh wait..
..there is no pb
even if pb was on all hed have to do is close et delete the pb folder kill both pb progresses and restart et and connect to a pb server and there u go fresh pb guid

Status
Not open for further replies.