• Changes to Server go to this thread http://overzealousgamers.com/threads/etpub-changelog.6665/

Server lag - opinions please

The Admiral

-OZ-Black Racoon said:
The recent lag was due to myself accessing the server with RDP, and because I'm speed limited. It will Continually await for my delayed response to the session causing massive lag on some occasions. Sorry for the inconvenience. Am Uncapped on Monday. Should be a resolution to the lag :p
lmao. Your slow net slowed down the whole server.

To summarise, by banning BR, you'd be able to eliminate lag like that ever happening again :p

Frogma

Synonym said:
-OZ-Trigger Happy said:
[spoiler:1ve3323u]So many fail analogies of a DDoS...
Quite simply a DDoS is a Distributed Descendants of Sparta attack, which I think we can all agree is pretty self explanatory.
For those who simply can't grasp that though, here is a history lesson on Sparta and her people.
These guys were nutcases, like real badass military dudes that ripped up Greece and called her Sparta's biatch. These guys beat off the Persians in an epic battle of which we all drank long into the night celebrating to end up with a massive hang over in the morning. Pretty sure I got with Noobeh's sister and Frog somehow scored twins...needless to say it was a good night for all involved.
So now long after this epic night of death and drink, everyone went back to their homes and had to readjust to normal life with their families and such. Most of us readjusted fine and grew out of the killing and drinking with the occasional beer or murder. However, many of these soldiers were disturbed from the lack of drink and killings they were given in the epic battle and decided to really cause some havoc out of the military, a big no-no. These rag-tag bunch of guys also brought their delinquent kids into the mix and taught them all they knew about being mischievous which has now filtered down to present day DoS getting up to no good. These DoS get together on the interwebs (thus causing a Distributed DoS) and like to throw digitised weapons (packets) at buildings (servers) to try and take them down to show their military prowess. Once a building falls to their mighty onslaught, they like to go and get drunk and try and hook in with noobeh's sister but that was so 300 BC and well they would be getting Trigger's sloppy seconds. While everyone else grew up, these DoS still think it's cool to repeat the same lifestyle that we all gave up years ago but unfortunately that is the way life with these DDoS.[/spoiler:1ve3323u]

Cheers
Ignoring the fact that the Polis of Athens wasn't under Sparta's control during the Battle of Thermopylae, you also seem to have forgotten that there were more than just 300 Spartans at the 'Hot Gates'. Joining them in the rear-guard were 700 Thespians and 400 Thebans. But otherwise a scarily accurate analogy: Watch out for retaliation by the FCC. They have contacts in the CIA, FBI and the NSA.
Lol, epic attempt to sound smart even though the only reason you know anything about it is because of that 300 movie.

Synonym

Frogma said:
Lol, epic attempt to sound smart even though the only reason you know anything about it is because of that 300 movie.
*Only reason you know about it is because you study History at University.

-OZ-Trigger Happy said:
Tell me where I mention in my post that there were only 300 Spartans in that battle.

Cheers
I was actually correcting your statement that only Spartans remained. The figures were just because I don't get to show off my history knowledge anywhere else other than Trivia Nights.

Frogma

Synonym said:
Frogma said:
*Only reason you know about it is because you study History at University.
*300 movie.

Too bad about the whole history thing too, bud. I'm sure you can transfer to a proper subject if you keep your grades up though; keep at it.

nelots

-OZ-TriggerHawk said:
Tell me where I said only Spartans remained.
Cheers
-OZ-TriggerHawk said:
So this one time in band camp I was feeling a little sick and Nurse Noobeh prescribed me this quick action cure in the form of 301 spartan shaped sepository pills.
We both went out back to the fitting rooms and took turns shoving it up my hells gate but there wasn't enough lube so we summoned froggeh from the pond to help out but he refused due to OH&S regulations also he was a dirty persian frog thus I had to man up with a cup of cement and shoved each and every one of those pills to feel better.
After about 10mins the war was over as there were only 300 SPARTAAAANNNNNNNNNSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS in that battle.
True story!

Synonym

nelots said:
-OZ-TriggerHawk said:
Tell me where I said only Spartans remained.
Cheers
[quote="-OZ-TriggerHawk":1ysfohl5]So this one time in band camp I was feeling a little sick and Nurse Noobeh prescribed me this quick action cure in the form of 301 spartan shaped sepository pills.
We both went out back to the fitting rooms and took turns shoving it up my hells gate but there wasn't enough lube so we summoned froggeh from the pond to help out but he refused due to OH&S regulations also he was a dirty persian frog thus I had to man up with a cup of cement and shoved each and every one of those pills to feel better.
After about 10mins the war was over as there were only 300 SPARTAAAANNNNNNNNNSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS in that battle.
True story!
[/quote:1ysfohl5]

Well played good sir.

Frogma

-OZ-Trigger Happy said:
Frogma said:
you are aware that your name is "timewilltell", right?
Well technically his name would indicate that he is looking towards the future, not looking back into the past.
Well technically it relates to something in the present that will be revealed when looking back from the future. Looking back = history.

i.e. I wonder if this investment in Ansett Airlines, that noobitup suggested I partake in, is a good decision. Time will tell.

Looking back I now know that it was not a good investment.