• Changes to Server go to this thread http://overzealousgamers.com/threads/etpub-changelog.6665/

Something that needs to be said

Blackhawk

Hi ppl, this has been bugging me for some time now so I'm just gonna put it out here for all to read. As a lot of people are fond of telling us OZ server is dying I'd just like to put my feelings on the whole thing. A few of the hardcore knockers are all too happy to point the finger at OZ members and staff etc for causing problems on the server. Here's how I see it. Point one I would like to make is that ET is a "game". The meaning of game to my mind is an activity or pastime that a person or persons enjoy to participate in mainly for the fun and emphasis on the word fun factor. Up until such time as the people who actively bag OZ out ie: G-Train, Bluskey, Middy, Ulti along with his many other aliases and a few others of course you all know who you are appeared all too regularly on the scene this server was an awesome place to be. There is a history of abuse from members of +AiM, .Reg and a couple of other phail clans and for the life of me I cant understand why they are so jealous of OZ. These people have no other function on the server other than to accumulate kills and score impressive K/D ratios. All well and good if thats what they consider their "fun". As a small test I disabled /kill for one day which impacted the k/d ratio's of these players. I also for 2 maps yes people 2 whole maps out of a week gave some players on lo-grav and speed which they requested for "fun". The immediate outcry from the so called pro's who's k/d ratio was affected was unbelievable. Out of a server of 20+ players some 6 just up and left because they couldnt improve or post impressive k/d ratios. My point I am making here and it is directed at you PRO players, OZ is a pub server and we try to cater to everybody on the server, those who like to think they are PRO when most of us know otherwise and those of us who like to play just for lolz. That is me I like to play just for lolz. Your attitude of owning up ppl by spawn camping and killing, abusing players who manage to get a kill on you or break your ever important spree is what is dragging the server down. Up until you guys showed up because obviously your antics have killed of the other servers you play on OZ was an absolute pleasure to play on. Now just this once instead of blaming OZ for all the problems on the server how about showing some maturity and at least admit your behaviour and obvious poor sportsmanship in the way you approach the game impacts on server population. Yes and I can already hear whats coming so feel free go for it. I just want you guys to realise a lot of us cant afford the "skills" you can. In fact a lot of us wouldnt want them. In a mixed population todays society tells us we must tolerate and accept others, so therefore I'm asking you guys to accept and tolerate those of us who want just "fun". For us being constantly camped down by a stacked side of "pro's" is not fun. Time for you to wake up OZ isnt killing the server it is YOU. People will not play against what you guys are dishing out. Simply because its not "fun".

Cheerz Mick.

JoKeR

-OZ-Blackhawk said:
Hi ppl, this has been bugging me for some time now so I'm just gonna put it out here for all to read. As a lot of people are fond of telling us OZ server is dying I'd just like to put my feelings on the whole thing. A few of the hardcore knockers are all too happy to point the finger at OZ members and staff etc for causing problems on the server. Here's how I see it. Point one I would like to make is that ET is a "game". The meaning of game to my mind is an activity or pastime that a person or persons enjoy to participate in mainly for the fun and emphasis on the word fun factor. Up until such time as the people who actively bag OZ out ie: G-Train, Bluskey, Middy, Ulti along with his many other aliases and a few others of course you all know who you are appeared all too regularly on the scene this server was an awesome place to be. There is a history of abuse from members of +AiM, .Reg and a couple of other phail clans and for the life of me I cant understand why they are so jealous of OZ. These people have no other function on the server other than to accumulate kills and score impressive K/D ratios. All well and good if thats what they consider their "fun". As a small test I disabled /kill for one day which impacted the k/d ratio's of these players. I also for 2 maps yes people 2 whole maps out of a week gave some players on lo-grav and speed which they requested for "fun". The immediate outcry from the so called pro's who's k/d ratio was affected was unbelievable. Out of a server of 20+ players some 6 just up and left because they couldnt improve or post impressive k/d ratios. My point I am making here and it is directed at you PRO players, OZ is a pub server and we try to cater to everybody on the server, those who like to think they are PRO when most of us know otherwise and those of us who like to play just for lolz. That is me I like to play just for lolz. Your attitude of owning up ppl by spawn camping and killing, abusing players who manage to get a kill on you or break your ever important spree is what is dragging the server down. Up until you guys showed up because obviously your antics have killed of the other servers you play on OZ was an absolute pleasure to play on. Now just this once instead of blaming OZ for all the problems on the server how about showing some maturity and at least admit your behaviour and obvious poor sportsmanship in the way you approach the game impacts on server population. Yes and I can already hear whats coming so feel free go for it. I just want you guys to realise a lot of us cant afford the "skills" you can. In fact a lot of us wouldnt want them. In a mixed population todays society tells us we must tolerate and accept others, so therefore I'm asking you guys to accept and tolerate those of us who want just "fun". For us being constantly camped down by a stacked side of "pro's" is not fun. Time for you to wake up OZ isnt killing the server it is YOU. People will not play against what you guys are dishing out. Simply because its not "fun".

Cheerz Mick.
fair point

Bucket

I agree 100%, I play for fun and not having a hope of leaving spawn or achieving 1st objective is not my idea of fun. The most enjoyable games I can remember are those won OR lost in the last minute or so...........that's what I call fun. A fair game where all can contribute with whatever their skill may be and a close game against a non stacked opponent team without continuous bitching. I look forward to the improvements Blackie :D :D

paralysis

A few things//

1// On the issue of stacked teams, im more than happy for you to call a shuffle at any time. I'v expressed this before, sometimes changing teams can't be done for various reasons so if its unfair and stacked shuffle away and we can get on with the ggz
2// It's not the k/d i care about at all. I just like killing people.
3// With the low grav. IF you called a vote and generally most people wanted it i'd be fine to play with it. I was just disapointed mainly that it wasnt questioned to the whole server.
4// slash kill isnt a problem when you get the kill anyway if you shoot fast enough. Its a good battle against a panzer when you have /kill. Makes it funner imho.
5// I understand that this server is for fun, there are just some things that are taken from one extreme to the next. One moment i'll like the rotation the next rotation ill completely hate it, its just finding a middle point i guess.

But at the end of the day its what most of the people want, and if it truly is what most people want, then i'll have to deal with it

blusky

-OZ-Blackhawk said:
Up until such time as the people who actively bag OZ out ie: G-Train, Bluskey, Middy, Ulti
I only 'bag' you out. But I don't even do that, I call it how I see it about your server administration skills. I don't have a problem with any other mod/admin. Also, i've personally never seen G - Train complain about the server. Why shouldn't Ulti bag OZ? You banned him for no reason.

These people have no other function on the server other than to accumulate kills and score impressive K/D ratios. All well and good if thats what they consider their "fun". As a small test I disabled /kill for one day which impacted the k/d ratio's of these players. I also for 2 maps yes people 2 whole maps out of a week gave some players on lo-grav and speed which they requested for "fun". The immediate outcry from the so called pro's who's k/d ratio was affected was unbelievable.
- I play to have fun.
- Getting high K/D ratios and getting large amounts of kills is why I play on public servers. Many other lesser skilled players do this aswell it's not just 'pros'
- I wasn't there for the /kill thing but I remember the +speed and +grav day and I still got 20-30 more kills than anyone else for the map that I played - it was still enjoyable.
- BEFORE YOU SAY "SMOKE UR OWN POLE MOAR" I'm simply correcting you/stating fact.

That is me I like to play just for lolz.
Same

Your attitude of owning up ppl by spawn camping and killing, abusing players who manage to get a kill on you or break your ever important spree is what is dragging the server down.
I slashkill on panzers and rnades if i'm quick enough - it's a command all players can do, by the way. I don't care at all if people /kill when I play panzer. I don't abuse other players unless you count "I hate you overmars :<" or something similar to that which is all done in a joking manner. I sometimes call panzers newbs and other stuff - but who hasn't raged at a panzer noob before?

Up until you guys showed up because obviously your antics have killed of the other servers you play on OZ was an absolute pleasure to play on.
Incorrect, I play on OZ because I find it 'funner' then GA 7. I still play on GA 7 regularly though. Your idea of us pros killing other servers is rubbish because it's simply like that because of the decline in population of AUS ET players. It's like season 19 or something on GA, it's an old(dead) game.

Now just this once instead of blaming OZ for all the problems on the server how about showing some maturity and at least admit your behaviour and obvious poor sportsmanship in the way you approach the game impacts on server population.
Slash killing on panzers and pro's RARELY spawn killing is destroying OZ?

I just want you guys to realise a lot of us cant afford the "skills" you can. In fact a lot of us wouldnt want them.
What are you trying to say there? Hmm.

In a mixed population todays society tells us we must tolerate and accept others, so therefore I'm asking you guys to accept and tolerate those of us who want just "fun".
You want us to not play or something?

For us being constantly camped down by a stacked side of "pro's" is not fun. Time for you to wake up OZ isnt killing the server it is YOU. People will not play against what you guys are dishing out. Simply because its not "fun".
If anything it's poor administration and just the lack of interest in ET.

Cheerz Mick.
Thx for reading <3

You act like Joker, Princeofdarkness, Lammy, Bambi, Ulti, gutz, G-train and myself come home and slap on our GAMING GLOVES, warm up our GAMING MICE/HEADSETS/CHAIRS/MOUNTAIN DEW/DESKS/10,000 DOLLAR PC and stack axis. Then when we get highest fragger or something we get a massive grin and screenshot it while showing our proud girlfriends(who are supermodels) and mothers our skillZ. It's not a secret xxxPRO GAMERxxx society we have going on, we're just good players that want to play just like any other person on OZ. We don't want it to die.

SOZ IF I FORGOT ANYONE IN MY GOOD PLAYER LIST <3

*NC*Joke

i agree with hawky and bucket.

Then when we get highest fragger or something we get a massive grin and screenshot it while showing our proud girlfriends(who are supermodels) and mothers our skillZ
LOL

kAmZilla

Yeah i agree hawky, it had to be said and im so proud to see you guys actually responding in a manor of respect. thanks.

Also,

You act like Joker, Princeofdarkness, Lammy, Bambi, Ulti, gutz, G-train and myself come home and slap on our GAMING GLOVES, warm up our GAMING MICE/HEADSETS/CHAIRS/MOUNTAIN DEW/DESKS/10,000 DOLLAR PC and stack axis.
I wonder how you warm up your chairs :)

JoKeR

-OZ-iNd3v said:
I wonder how you warm up your chairs :)
I sit on my chair for at least two hours before playing. This way my core body temperature is at its optimum level and the ass grooves in my chair are comfortable.

I also throw darts at the pictures of each player that has posted one on forums, that way when the time comes ive got hatred racing through my veins for all of you and im not in the frame of mind to heal teamates.

My kd is precious to me. The walls of my house are filled with screenshots of me pwning noobs on et. It gives me a great ego boost and makes me feel bigger than everybody. Everytime i get 100 or more kills on a map i jizz in my pants

It gives me great pleasure to kill those who are bad at et, especially the elderly (50+) and the very young (-10). I laugh everytime one of them gets frustrated and goes ape S@#*$!.

Also perhaps the funnest thing about the server is when we get to camp a side full of noobs for a whole map. Us "PRO's" like to stack one team and all join the same fireteam, so we can all have a good laugh and make fun of you all :lol: ahhh good times

Viper

pretty devstated i wasnt mentioned in the good player list, im gonna go write poetry in a dark corner now.

:(

phatbass

lmao joker at how you warm your chair i normally have to kick your mum out of my lounge chair and yes i have a lounge char for a pc chair ahh man i can sit in it for hours and do sooo many other things

nufnuf

I have watched the rise and fall of a number of "Public Servers" over the years. Can I just add to the mix, that the most successful servers (in my opinion) are those with very consistent administration in game.

For example: If spawn camping is disallowed, set the parameters to clearly explain what is allowed and what is not allowed. Then support admins to consistently respond to infractions of the rule. Support all admins to impose sanctions on players by ensuring they are confident and aware of what "ALL" the other admins are doing.

I would also encourage admins to direct discussion to forums and to discourage it in game play.

G-Train

Woo, first name on Blackies hit list!

Now seriously, Stacked teams - ask anyone, ATB fkn hates me. Im the most moved player on the server. When I get moved to the "Underdog team", i dont sit and whinge, i put my gaming gloves on and grab a fresh Moutain Dew and Kick ass and chew bubblegum.

For you to even insinuate that im a stacker is just insulting and shows just how out of touch you are with the regular gaming population you have on OZ.

The Anti grav night - OK so 2 players, I say again, 2 players asked for low grav out of a full 32 player server. Without a vote or any reasoning, you turned it on. Within 10 minutes, server was down to 10 players, and they were all p1ssed off..........then you decided to try Speedy Gonzales mode......dude!

Blackhawk

Lol dude, chill, I only posted some thoughts and yes ATB hates ur gutz. Lol ur lucky I dont. As I explained before I only did the grav thing and speed thing to gauge reactions as a test. Seeing as we cant seem to get a straight answer from anyone else. BTW I counted the numbers on the server at the time, 24 ppl including me. 6 left, and 2 others bitched. The rest on had some FUN. So mathematically 16 of the 18 people still there enjoyed the 2 map change out of how many maps over the week mmmmmm about 1 % of the whole week. It wasnt until the sooks who were still on started crying hard ie 2 of you that other people started leaving. Anyway I found out what we needed to know so its all good. It wont happen again unless we have an advertised fun day. I do apologise for upsetting any hardcore kill hogs but like I said it was with means to an end.

Cheerz Mick.

JoKeR

We arent kill hogs hawk. We just have that special something that allows us to shoot straight. If any of you useless players had some skill im sure you wouldnt mind getting good looking kd's either

kabal

JoKeR said:
We arent kill hogs hawk. We just have that special something that allows us to shoot straight. If any of you useless players had some skill im sure you wouldnt mind getting good looking kd's either
you and good? and killer? now i know why your name is what it is.

JoKeR

kabal said:
JoKeR said:
you and good? and killer? now i know why your name is what it is.
Oh no the drunk old man who has nothing better to do than rage at ppl over forums is starting on me. This should be interesting you've taken over from Middy. I guess there always has to be one downy. But tbh man blusky's opinion is much more reliable than yours :cool:

*NC*Joke

JoKeR said:
we're not useless, we help your k/d's. if there was a server of JoKeR's and Blusky's then im sure your end-game stats would change

Viper

*NC*Joke said:
JoKeR said:
we're not useless, we help your k/d's. if there was a server of JoKeR's and Blusky's then im sure your end-game stats would change

pffft those guys are nubs, pretenders :)