• Changes to Server go to this thread http://overzealousgamers.com/threads/etpub-changelog.6665/

Something that needs to be said

G-Train

BH, my only problem is you turned it on at the request of only 2 people.

We have heaps of fun late nights having sten wars, or knife/needle battles, or single pistol whipping madness where EVERYONE on server agrees and many rofl's are had.

Im all for the odd party panzer with anti grav or sniper wars with speedy gonzales but i thought you chose a time where everyone was just keen for a normal game.

nelots

Good point Blackhawk but its not always good/pro players that results in the demise of a server since its a combination of factors.

The single most devastating factor would be hackers. You can have a stacked team but people would still stay on for a full hold but if theres a hacker online the server can be cleared within minutes.

Bad decisions made by admins/mods/refs. Choosing the wrong rotations, making decisions based on emotions, tweaking the server config and etc can do it too.

Sure the good/pro players contribute but its pretty small and you're blaming them just because they bite back/post their opinions.

IMO if you guys listened to the players more often and compromised on the decisions made then the server will run more smoothly. Making snap decisions without asking players thoughts on any matter will hardly work in your favor.

P.S - AHAHAHHA G you dirty trouble maker!

Viper

JoKeR said:
Viper is pro too 1/3 of the time, he must use hacks cuz hes so inconsistent :D

Seems to be the only logical explanantion to me aswell lol :). But fuuuuk i got owned on batous server first time i played (last night) its so different. good server though :)

midnight

JoKeR said:
-OZ-Blackhawk said:
Hi ppl, this has been bugging me for some time now so I'm just gonna put it out here for all to read. As a lot of people are fond of telling us OZ server is dying I'd just like to put my feelings on the whole thing. A few of the hardcore knockers are all too happy to point the finger at OZ members and staff etc for causing problems on the server. Here's how I see it. Point one I would like to make is that ET is a "game". The meaning of game to my mind is an activity or pastime that a person or persons enjoy to participate in mainly for the fun and emphasis on the word fun factor. Up until such time as the people who actively bag OZ out ie: G-Train, Bluskey, Middy, Ulti along with his many other aliases and a few others of course you all know who you are appeared all too regularly on the scene this server was an awesome place to be. There is a history of abuse from members of +AiM, .Reg and a couple of other phail clans and for the life of me I cant understand why they are so jealous of OZ. These people have no other function on the server other than to accumulate kills and score impressive K/D ratios. All well and good if thats what they consider their "fun". As a small test I disabled /kill for one day which impacted the k/d ratio's of these players. I also for 2 maps yes people 2 whole maps out of a week gave some players on lo-grav and speed which they requested for "fun". The immediate outcry from the so called pro's who's k/d ratio was affected was unbelievable. Out of a server of 20+ players some 6 just up and left because they couldnt improve or post impressive k/d ratios. My point I am making here and it is directed at you PRO players, OZ is a pub server and we try to cater to everybody on the server, those who like to think they are PRO when most of us know otherwise and those of us who like to play just for lolz. That is me I like to play just for lolz. Your attitude of owning up ppl by spawn camping and killing, abusing players who manage to get a kill on you or break your ever important spree is what is dragging the server down. Up until you guys showed up because obviously your antics have killed of the other servers you play on OZ was an absolute pleasure to play on. Now just this once instead of blaming OZ for all the problems on the server how about showing some maturity and at least admit your behaviour and obvious poor sportsmanship in the way you approach the game impacts on server population. Yes and I can already hear whats coming so feel free go for it. I just want you guys to realise a lot of us cant afford the "skills" you can. In fact a lot of us wouldnt want them. In a mixed population todays society tells us we must tolerate and accept others, so therefore I'm asking you guys to accept and tolerate those of us who want just "fun". For us being constantly camped down by a stacked side of "pro's" is not fun. Time for you to wake up OZ isnt killing the server it is YOU. People will not play against what you guys are dishing out. Simply because its not "fun".

Cheerz Mick.
fair point
:lol: funniest thing joker's said

I didn't bother reading it let your actions speak for themselves.

Death_Reincarnated

I have to agree with Blackhawk to a major extend.

The main reason that ETPro players come here IS to get fraggs. This is what these kind of players find fun but it is does not show how good you really are with high K/Ds and high fraggs because the level of gameplay is much lower. A real good player would know that he can only be good if he can defeat enemies swiftly at his level or higher....not below his game level.

Many so called ETPro players come here (and generaly to ETPub servers) and boast about their skills but when settings change they complain and QQ because it is not the settings they are used to and cant get fraggs and K/Ds. You want to be good then you should be able to play very well with any kind of setting (i.e. gravity/speed etc.). Any players with good hand eye co-ordination can get fraggs from noobs but its a different story when the level of gameplay increases. To me this kind of behaviour is dishonorable sportsmanship and why I was put-of from even considering to joining ETPro clans.

Everyone started out as noobs so why act arrogantly towards players that you once filled their shoes of...

I agree that soem settings used on public servers are ridiculius and make the gameplay worse. Initially when i started playing on BBA server the game speed and some weapons damage was different but I got used to it and actually made me a better player. OZ is trying to do the same here, and we should all try and make this server fun for everyone.

You can compare me when i joined BBA to ETPro players joining ETPub server in the past (Inter-OGN-PTGN-OZ)...but i didnt complain about the settings; I tried to get used to them and discussed it with their community rather than QQ and be an arrogant player on their server and forum.

Seriously, like Blackhawk said....grow some hair on your balls and mature abit more.

midnight

blusky said:
You act like Joker, Princeofdarkness, Lammy, Bambi, Ulti, gutz, G-train and myself come home and slap on our GAMING GLOVES, warm up our GAMING MICE/HEADSETS/CHAIRS/MOUNTAIN DEW/DESKS/10,000 DOLLAR PC and stack axis. Then when we get highest fragger or something we get a massive grin and screenshot it while showing our proud girlfriends(who are supermodels) and mothers our skillZ. It's not a secret xxxPRO GAMERxxx society we have going on, we're just good players that want to play just like any other person on OZ. We don't want it to die.

SOZ IF I FORGOT ANYONE IN MY GOOD PLAYER LIST <3
HaHaHa I just read that..now that's GOLD!

I agree with 98% of what Blusky said especially the first part we're not bagging OZ per se.

Blackie everytime I swap to the side getting hammered to try and help because one of the admins just doesnt seem to realise to do ATB RIGHT AT THE START OF A MAP. not 1/2 way thru or 2 maps later. Whatever you do please don't do shuffle or ATB 1/2 way thru a map.

Try going against Blusky, Prince and G-Train Blackie ...I really dont know why u lumped us all together I've had fights with most of them, although all of those players would make a good admin team along with stolen/Buttz.

they make up 1/2 ur regulars

Blackhawk

Yup my true colors middy. Not only are you avoiding a ban on forum your avoiding a ban on the server. TSK TSK what ever will we do. I draw your attention to your statement about hackers and yes it is very true. Hackers and ban evaders the two lowest kind of people in the gaming community. Draw your own conclusions. Should we keep banning Middy for evading?? As per his prior statements re: hackers and evaders??

Cheerz Mick.

midnight

You're very negative u know that?

It's supposed to be a fun competitive online game, stop being so cruel and vindictive.

Here is my supermodel gf most of us pro gamers have.
Sometimes i get the feeling she isn't being completely honset with me? :?
[youtube:35xgp500]<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/8l3T8Vzh2Os&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/8l3T8Vzh2Os&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>[/youtube:35xgp500]

back off guys she's mine........

blusky

Death_Reincarnated said:
The main reason that ETPro players come here IS to get fraggs. This is what these kind of players find fun but it is does not show how good you really are with high K/Ds and high fraggs because the level of gameplay is much lower. A real good player would know that he can only be good if he can defeat enemies swiftly at his level or higher....not below his game level.
There are very few players on OZ that can contend with the skill level of some ETpro players. Regardless of that statement most of the decent players would still get GOOD K/Ds on ETpro. I don't think the skilled players are trying to prove their awesomeness on OZ, no one brags.

Death_Reincarnated said:
Many so called ETPro players come here (and generaly to ETPub servers) and boast about their skills but when settings change they complain and QQ because it is not the settings they are used to and cant get fraggs and K/Ds. You want to be good then you should be able to play very well with any kind of setting (i.e. gravity/speed etc.). Any players with good hand eye co-ordination can get fraggs from noobs but its a different story when the level of gameplay increases. To me this kind of behaviour is dishonorable sportsmanship and why I was put-of from even considering to joining ETPro clans.
No one comes on and rants about how good they are....PROOF IS IN THE PUDDIN'. Also about the grav/speed change from what I gather G train(skilled player) was only complaining because a minute number of people wanted grav+speed changes - I doubt his K/D suffered at all, I know mine didn't when the changes were made. Your last sentence is silly - what a terrible reason to not play competitively.

Death_Reincarnated said:
Everyone started out as noobs so why act arrogantly towards players that you once filled their shoes of...
Superiority and arrogance happens in all aspects of life and especially in competitive scenarios. Most of the good players on the OZ serve are willing to help the newbs out. The statement is somewhat of a contradiction in itself because good players were noobs yes - but then they becamse skilled overtime and they gain the superiority and arrogance you're talking about. CIRCLE OF LIFE!

Death_Reincarnated said:
I tried to get used to them and discussed it with their community rather than QQ and be an arrogant player on their server and forum.
'QQ' is usually discussion and criticism to the server - nothing wrong with that at all. How will the server get better if no one wanted beneficial changes?

Your thoughts towards ETpro + skilled players in general is silly and unreasonable.

JoKeR

midnight said:
You're very negative u know that?

It's supposed to be a fun competitive online game, stop being so cruel and vindictive.

Here is my supermodel gf most of us pro gamers have.
Sometimes i get the feeling she isn't being completely honset with me? :?
[youtube:1xsnfmkd]<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/8l3T8Vzh2Os&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/8l3T8Vzh2Os&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>[/youtube:1xsnfmkd]

back off guys she's mine........
1: your not a pro gamer
2: your an idiot and ever1 hates you

Death_Reincarnated

@blusky
I have only seen ETPro players from GA come and play on ETpub servers. Yes this is focused mainly at those ETPro players and you cannot deny that many of them are coc*y and arrogant. Some of those statements of mine are true because any PRO player should not QQ about any server settings (withing reason) and any participant of any sport should always play honourably and not offend the opposition. Alot of GA ETPro players do (from my point of view) and this has been shown time over time on AUS ETPub servers. Also were discussing players that play on OZ not some other server.

Every player should respect every other member of sport regardless of their status, but they forget about it and because they believe they are better than others they come across as arrogant untill someone better than them comes along.

This is just my point of view and you can argue it or not. I know what I have seen over the past few years on various ETPub servers and this community so I have a fair idea of the many regulars who have played in the past.

*NC*Joke

Every player should respect every other member of sport regardless of their status, but they forget about it and because they believe they are better than others they come across as arrogant untill someone better than them comes along.
strongly agree

Blackhawk

The last three posts were deleted simply because they gave no positive or constructive comment to this thread refrain from posting your 3 word taunts at each other they will be deleted. Also well said Joke, the game is fun and its about killing etc yes, but that is no reason why we cant have respect for lesser skilled players. If we help them out and dont abuse them maybe ET wont die so quick as you all seem to think it is. While ever there is one player in the world randomly prawning bots on some forgotten server. ET lives. Get the point.

Cheerz Mick.

G-Train

and any participant of any sport should always play honourably and not offend the opposition.
hahah, tell that to David Boon, Merv Hughes, Rod marsh, Steve Waugh and all the boys from the 80's/90's Aussie Cricket team :lol:

Seriously, there is nothing wrong with a bit of "Sledging".

Ian Botham walked to the crease, Rod Marsh said "Hey, hows your wife and MY kids", Botham replied "Wife is great, kids are retarted"

Hahahhaha

So to summarise, Aussie Sport and sledging go hand in hand.

Blackhawk

Lol I like that one Train. I agree with you strongly dude. All I am saying is lets cut the lesser skilled players a bit of slack, they are generally newbies or like some of us dont worry to much about kills etc. But it gets very unfun when the better players make a kill and rub it in your face or similar. This is the sort of behaviour that makes lesser skilled players give up and not try to get better most of them just end up quitting and not coming back. I like your use of analogy its a good way to explain your point. Much like would you go to a night club or place where every time you walked in a group of stronger ppl started abusing you and slapping you about. Common sense would say no way.

Cheerz Mick.

G-Train

The better players should know who the new players are and if they are rubbing it in to the new players when they kill them, then i totally agree, that is very unsportsmanlike.

Im pretty confident that "most" of the regulars are not like this.

Blackhawk

Your right G the majority of regs we have on the server are really good and great fun to play against. Even calling Blusky haxor for a giggle was fun for a while till it started to annoy him which I totally understand. It went a little too far and I'm sorry for that Blusky :) Its only a select few and I wont name them cos it will only start another poo-fight. These ones tend to sit in spec see which team is coming up the stronger then wait till they can join that team stacking it to the max. I understand also ppl like to be on a winning side thats human nature. My only concern is I want to make the OZ server a fun place to be for everyone, the great players, the good players and hehe the players like me :)

Cheerz Mick.