• Changes to Server go to this thread http://overzealousgamers.com/threads/etpub-changelog.6665/

XP Reset Options

The Admiral

Frogma said:
Nah that just punishes the casual gamers who have other stuff to do. Make it the start of every month (or week).
I totally agree. Resetting more frequently than once a week is excessive.

But for all those who say that it is just going to make it harder for new players, I'd like to point out that it takes a lot of hours playing to get level 4 in just your standard three. If you play covy or engy, you spend a lot of time going for the obj, not in firefights like medics and soldiers, so getting the 680?xp needed for Battle Sense is super hard. Light weapons is also hard if you get all your kills with r'nades.

Monthly XP-Reset would be much better, with default XP requirements.

Also. Flakjackets seem strong. They ignore panzers and nades and still have 60HP.

amacide

ET Moderator
-OZ-noobItUp said:
My question is what problem are we trying to solve here?
-OZ-Mozzie said:
I firmly believe XP Reset will kill the enjoyment of OZ for a lot of people. The situation you'll have is the good players able to ramp up their XP and level up really quickly, and the casual and not so good players are going to struggle to get level 4 on each class, which is ultimately going to disadvantage them even further when vsing the high kd'ers
-OZ-i0nwr1t3r said:
XP save is supposed to be a reward for regulars who frequent OZ as far as I see it , I don't see any benefit to making it easier on ppl you know who are most likely running new ET keys to get a high k/d with a new PRW to avoid shuffles affecting them or pro players (who benefit from this the most imo)who want to go on a pub server & carve it up so to speak.
blusky said:
However I believe it's an issue that the 'community' would want a say in - instead of just the regular forum members. It would be sad to see OZ lose players just because of monthly/weekly XP resets.
-OZ-Mozzie said:
However, Having no XP reset was always a drawcard for ET servers over the years, and with the community in decline I think there's every reason to apply the "if it ain't broke don't fix it" rule to this one.
Couldn't have said it better myself.....
The wider community has already spoken a long time back, have a look at every major ET server running with serious player numbers . 90% or more are XP SAVE no reset.................
Refer to first quote above :-)

Frogma

amacide said:
The wider community has already spoken a long time back, have a look at every major ET server running with serious player numbers . 90% or more are XP SAVE no reset.................
This comment is 100% irrelevant 85% of the time. The other 15% it is 76% unverified and 24% made-up.

90% of all servers are 100% XP SAVE no reset servers. Therefore your 100% unverified claim is 98% proportionately insignificant as this graph clearly shows:

amacide

ET Moderator
Frogma said:
amacide said:
This comment is 100% irrelevant 85% of the time. The other 15% it is 76% unverified and 24% made-up.

90% of all servers are 100% XP SAVE no reset servers. Therefore your 100% unverified claim is 98% proportionately insignificant as this graph clearly shows:
:) :) 42% of all statistics are made up on the spot? ;-)
:banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: