• Changes to Server go to this thread http://overzealousgamers.com/threads/etpub-changelog.6665/

Headset vs headphones & stand alone mic?

morbit

Re: Heaset vs headphones & stand alone mic?

ok i have read enough lol

gold is not the best conductor at all and is only used to provide a better connection (does not corrode stays in pure form when electricity flows through it) copper corrodes becomes tarnished or whatever and creates resistance in the connection, the wires are always copper or aluminum it is only the connectors that are of varied materials be it silver or gold, silver being the best (for the connections only) .

silver best, copper 2nd, gold third, note gold has lower conductivity which means there is more loss

and simple "FACT"

you "mostly" only get what you pay for!!

apologies if someone else has said this, i got sick of reading through the rubbish!

a good read
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/High-end_audio_cables

Sunncaeks

I enjoy a conclusion.

Also, I think I'm a bit too late to mention my favourite sub. :lol:

SkankyMoe

Ive got deep fried ice cream with caramel sauce for desert you twats, thats how i roll, deep n hard aye, pro, gangsta

Did I mention half a bottle of vodka and 2 bottles of red wine ?

Where's Fraggle and Kit ? Come venty kentys, let the good times roll

Trigger Happy

Should have come out to O'Malleys at wintergarden for some good times skank. St Patrick's Day celebrations ftw.

Cheers

SkankyMoe

-OZ-Trigger Happy said:
Should have come out to O'Malleys at wintergarden for some good times skank. St Patrick's Day celebrations ftw.

Cheers
OMFG I was at Oreillys today for green beers, should have told me earlier kent, i would have been there aye

Trigger Happy

Bummer, I was out there from about 5ish for a while having a few brews to celebrate my heritage, ah well next year eh? :p

Cheers

Death_Reincarnated

morbit said:
ok i have read enough lol

gold is not the best conductor at all and is only used to provide a better connection (does not corrode stays in pure form when electricity flows through it) copper corrodes becomes tarnished or whatever and creates resistance in the connection, the wires are always copper or aluminum it is only the connectors that are of varied materials be it silver or gold, silver being the best (for the connections only) .

silver best, copper 2nd, gold third, note gold has lower conductivity which means there is more loss

and simple "FACT"

you "mostly" only get what you pay for!!

apologies if someone else has said this, i got sick of reading through the rubbish!

a good read
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/High-end_audio_cables
Indeed that is true mate, that is why the cables are only gold coated to prevent exposure to atmosphere which will corrode. The ammount of current you apply through a certain diamater thick wire is also important. Applications which require small ammounts of current will generally be gold coated for that premium quality, but the ammount of gold used while reffering to the ammount of copper/silver used in the wire is really quite small.

morbit said:
this one is the bomb!!!!!

http://www.yamahamusic.com.au/products/ ... SW1500.asp

mrs wont let me upgrade :-( she reckons the one i have is too loud lol
Yamaha have been going down in quality for quite some time..

If you want lound doof-doof then get yourself this:

Orion 2000W RMS Subwoofer http://www.orioncaraudio.com/Products/P ... ductID=514
Orion 10000W PMPO (~7000W RMS) Amplifier http://www.orioncaraudio.com/Products/P ... ductID=573

You might have to turn everything electrical in your house off....lol even the stereo system unless you can get external power.

noobItUp

Super Moderator
Staff member

No self respecting audio enthusiast can afford to be without on of these babies.... :lol:

Antagonist

stop trying to move to topic back on track! its about the godliness of Italian herb and cheese bread.. continue moe

nelots

What is this italian herb and cheese bread you guys are talking about?

morbit

orion is cheap crap, no comparison to yamaha denon kef etc

and also is car audio not home cinema

noobItUp

Super Moderator
Staff member

Its a type of bread for subway subs. It pretty much ruined all other bread for me.

nelots

ahhh subway, its our next carpark challenge's punishment.
Loser eats a foot long honey oat filled with jalapenos topped off with a tube of wasabi and a slashing of chipotle sauce.

Death_Reincarnated

morbit said:

Indeed its for car audio but it sits very high up in terms of quality. The amps are made by hand (majority of it). Have you seen the size of those magnets? Now that is what a subwoofer magnet should look like. U wnated a sub and the Orion will definetly blow you away lol.

Yamaha have been going down hill and are not considered to be one of the best anymore. Kef, marantz, denon, harman kadon... just to name a few are very good.

noobItUp

Super Moderator
Staff member

nelots said:
ahhh subway, its our next carpark challenge's punishment.
Loser eats a foot long honey oat filled with jalapenos topped off with a tube of wasabi and a slashing of chipotle sauce.
You say this like jalepinos are a bad thing. Harden up cheekeh!

nelots

-OZ-noobItUp said:
You say this like jalepinos are a bad thing. Harden up cheekeh!
Nah, the jalapenos are designed for the afterburner action. The actual bad thing eating wise is the tube of wasabi or however much is needed for the footlong :)

morbit

Death_Reincarnated said:
morbit said:

Indeed its for car audio but it sits very high up in terms of quality. The amps are made by hand (majority of it). Have you seen the size of those magnets? Now that is what a subwoofer magnet should look like. U wnated a sub and the Orion will definetly blow you away lol.

Yamaha have been going down hill and are not considered to be one of the best anymore. Kef, marantz, denon, harman kadon... just to name a few are very good.
yeah ill be lookin to upgrade my system soon (once plasma is paid off) i currently have a " yamaha package home cinema" got it real cheap at time but it was better then most systems for twice as much, very happy with it!

was thinkin bout going with some meridian gear but they very pricey (can pay up to almost 50k for a reference dvd player) will prob end up going with marantz amp and havin decided on speakers yet but want 7.1 as currently have 6.1.
considering something from kef audio or energy loudspeakers maybe even wharfedale but i found them to be very flat sounding
and i also do agree yamaha has slipt a little but they still better then most when it comes to home cinema

SkankyMoe

I have Bose LifeStyle 38 Home Theater System, I love it, works great in a unit at least. I get complaints lol.