• Changes to Server go to this thread http://overzealousgamers.com/threads/etpub-changelog.6665/

oz server not showing up in server list

Baker Street

ET Moderator
The mind boggles at the thought of what damage one could inflict with pliers...:arghh:

Although I have tried to revive the odd team mate with pliers on occasion.

Last edited:

TopCAt!

We are planning some rather big changes that will hopefully make playing on our server a better experience for all.
I suggest
1. The higher your k/d gets per round the lower damage your bullets do until if you're 15-1 each bullet hitpoint is only 2hp until you die or get more obj xp
2. If your K/d is 1-20 you get free aimbot for 5 mins
3. The words hack, speed, aimbot, wall, cheat, WALOS, etc are added to swear filter and cost 50hp burn
4. New playboy mod where !pants is very interesting
5. Sprees are reset monthly and cash prizes of $1000 are awarded from oz to the monthly winner
6. DOS all other game servers on the internet
7. Some other great things like landmine splash damage is quadrupled
8. Most important - The mega push function is brought back, that was the best
9. Team Goomba definately
10 Eagles.

Thanks!

JoKeR

In all seriousness. Do not add any of this silly novelty stuff. Leave OZ to be the server people recognize as the closest thing to oldschool ET. Leave dBd for all that other stuff.

And I like the !pants idea, but no dicks please. Boobs and muff only.

cccdfern

Administrator
Staff member
Yes joker, the changes being made are to retain the present playerbase and attract new people, there will be changes that effect everyone, and some only a few of us. OZ mod is getting a few things added which may hopefully make the serverside run smoother and the baserace issue is being fixed.

Covert

I actually would love to implement the skill rating to auto balance teams.
Can you somehow make it so that when those stupid bots are enabled and the twats on server won't vote them off that you still have to join the team with the least amount of human players? So many times I join the server and see Zulu, Wombat, Swizz and the likes just playing with 5 or so humans on allies and all bots on axis.
If there are 2 humans allies and 1 on axis the spec will have to join axis etc. I fail to see the point of just loading up on 1 team to play against the bots and I for one usually /quit if I join and see a team of players against a team of bots..
Have been on holiday so haven't seen how the server is going but good shit getting it back on the list

cccdfern

Administrator
Staff member
Auto mute is an option, will look into that when we get to redoing things

Can you somehow make it so that when those stupid bots are enabled and the twats on server won't vote them off that you still have to join the team with the least amount of human players? So many times I join the server and see Zulu, Wombat, Swizz and the likes just playing with 5 or so humans on allies and all bots on axis.
If there are 2 humans allies and 1 on axis the spec will have to join axis etc. I fail to see the point of just loading up on 1 team to play against the bots and I for one usually /quit if I join and see a team of players against a team of bots..
Have been on holiday so haven't seen how the server is going but good shit getting it back on the list
I have a feeling the only way to do this would be to use the evil autobalancer.

phillgates2

Administrator
Staff member
Evil auto balancer is an option i think it has been run before but needs to be tweeked abit to be good last time we ran it it was shuffeling people left right and center i think.

Mute is a good idea

TopCAt!

side note ive noticed 5 new players on and off on the server since the list was reinstated
Thats a good sign in a short time, 2 of them were old players who decided to look back into and found OZ
They were able to find OZ

TopCAt!

Can maxbots be a variable number or is it fixed? If variable you could auto increment it down for every human player
That said, I really have no idea about the available functions and ability of the files your working with
I just type messages into this here box and then wonder at the amaze of the interwebs

phillgates2

Administrator
Staff member
I think bots are a fixed number but can check on that we are in the process of maybe changing the config around a little as well but will see what the other players think

Teddles

Shifting players on KD isn't quite working, IMO

One example is during tonight's play: Covert (one of the best Fraggers) is on Axis somehow with a 1.1 KD, and Asch (bless his soul) is on allies with a solid 1.4 KD - this situation forced 4 players in a row onto Axis to play with Covert. So I don't think it's quite there.

Maybe it is better forcing new players to distributing into evenly teams with bots on so its not always the usual 5 allies humans v 1 axis human. This could work!

edit: happy for current system to be trialled for a few days to see how it all goes

Last edited: