• Changes to Server go to this thread http://overzealousgamers.com/threads/etpub-changelog.6665/

Who's the best playaaa

Who is da bestest on OZ - SERIOUS THREAD

• Total voters

noobItUp

Super Moderator
Staff member
nelots said:
i was lingering on neg k/d's, 1 headshot per 50 frags and getting spawn fooked by mcspud.
Man I remember that mcspud guy getting 100+ kills for about 8 deaths or something on railgun at one point. I was on his team but just hung back and watched him. He was pretty amazing.

JoKeR

Yea i remember BC. Amasing player.

I remember G saying something about Maxx getting 300 kills on radar or something ridiculous lol.

noobItUp

Super Moderator
Staff member
Trigger Happy said:
SARDOO IS BACK!
Saw him on the server today, hope he comes to the forums
I don't remember sardoo ever frequenting the forums on OGN. Wasn't that part of the enigma that was the doo?

nelots

noobItUp said:
I don't remember sardoo ever frequenting the forums on OGN. Wasn't that part of the enigma that was the doo?
He lurks and he did make an appearance to rub salt into justy's stab wounds after the fact, was hilarious just like the time everyone made fun of him when he spoke on TS.

G-Train

I still have the demo of mcspud getting 200 kills on Goldy, was r@pe at its finest.

Dont think rogue was that good, but another klammer that was amazing was psyche.

And yeah, hanging with maxx as axis on radar in allies 1st spawn for 30 mins was something to behold. Nobody could beat him 1on1, in fact, not many 2 man teams could bring him down either.

BC was also sharp as but dont really know when he started hacking so he may have been cheating all that time. Ulti may be able to answer that question.

Death_Reincarnated

G-Train said:
Dont think rogue was that good, but another klammer that was amazing was psyche.
Back then playing ET and Rogue could own me big time. Maybe he wasnt that good but I had good (tough) 1v1s.

As for psyche..you mean superpsyche? He was good. Loved the rnade if i recall right. Or was it Lantern lol. I remember a big debate about Snow getting caught hacking lol.

I didnt play much GA either and I also found too many of them players arrogant and abnoxious....some still are im afraid................. :-_- :-_- :-_-

From memory optus/internode era was packed with the most good players on the one server; basically zero rules, lots of spam, SK, smg ownage and GGs. Its where most of my massive multiple panzer kills came from and decided my faith to go along with my trusty B2B.

Antagonist

ok might as well chuck some serious imput on this list... imo off the top of my head i think the best players ive ever seen have been in no particular order....
1. Shr@pn3l - leader of Y*Y guy was a fucking machine.. so aggressive, never wall leaned or nothing just balls out into the pack guns blazing!
2. Iceman34 - When he was playing for SFA or one of forty's super teams, what he did to rico in the GF was just disgusting.
3.Bipolar Clown - Played for one of my swarm offshoot teams... if he wasnt hacking then one of the best players ive ever seen ever... but im pretty sure he started hacking soon as he hit aus (he moved here from the UK, was apparently quite well respected as a player in the euro sceen)
4. Mcspud - The original Pub whore, master of airstrikes and arty and like sharpers so aggressive
5. Wraith/rico - arguable the best player in aus et.. i heard from a few pros he uses a no recoil bot so lolz
6 Dersaiden - the original newbnade master, pulled off some impossible shots in matches to secure parts/stop objective
7 Hammercrook - prob the best newbnader after ders went off the scene, some say it was forty but he was just a master tactician and wasnt the best shot so they stuck him with the newbstick.. sorta like biggz lol
7 Snow - Probebly the best aimer/tracker ive had the privilege of playing with dirty dirty mpitcher but his tracking was second to none.. shame he turned to a bot to try be #1
8 mo* boyz - All of them rocked.. warmachine and courageous were absolute animals

Some honorable mentions ill chuck up
Dongo - shit in clan phx, i quit et, come back and he pro playing for Rok lol
meadow - awesome player, clever tactician and all round good bloke
Darkstalker - proest medic ever and raper of faces
g train - pro kent
eggz - prowning kent
joker - Turned pro watching me lol

JoKeR

I wished i had started playing ET earlier. I would have loved it when it was competitive.

iconoclasst

JoKeR said:
I wished i had started playing ET earlier. I would have loved it when it was competitive.
Oh god the arrogance is astounding ! If you're looking for a challenge, come to Melbourne and be my number 1 Gimp.
(you'll have to provide your own air fare)

iconoclasst

JoKeR said:
I think you may have misunderstood what i said.
OK I'm always happy to give you the benefit of the doubt.

You didn't address my offer to come to the big smoke though. Are you still thinking about it ? Counting the pennies in your money box?

Akh-Horus

Super Moderator
Staff member
It was a shame GA was full of such arrogant a$$hats back when ET started, drove people like me away very very quickly. Not that I was that good at any point but being repeatedly kicked for no reason and endlessly bled cos I was on dialup made the move to pub very easy. I wonder how many players who could have been amazing left etpro or the game entirely due to ego's?

Anyway - the list shows a lot of very well known and VERY good players.

Ive played against them all and by a whisker, POD gets my vote. Based only on playing against these players in their prime (Ulti- not sure about you being in your prime or past it when I first encountered you so apologies if I am wrong here). POD in his best form gave me no chance ever no matter what I did. Mind you - all the others repeatedly raped me on any server anyway. Probably why I had to drag the rnade out quickly and learn how to use it a bit.

Hope I havent offended any of the other players in the list with my opinion, all incredible players, but POD stands out as completley dominant. Against me lol lol anyway (not hard).

blusky

Antagonist said:
ok might as well chuck some serious imput on this list... imo off the top of my head i think the best players ive ever seen have been in no particular order....
1. Shr@pn3l - leader of Y*Y guy was a bobbla machine.. so aggressive, never wall leaned or nothing just balls out into the pack guns blazing!
2. Iceman34 - When he was playing for SFA or one of forty's super teams, what he did to rico in the GF was just disgusting.
3.Bipolar Clown - Played for one of my swarm offshoot teams... if he wasnt hacking then one of the best players ive ever seen ever... but im pretty sure he started hacking soon as he hit aus (he moved here from the UK, was apparently quite well respected as a player in the euro sceen)
4. Mcspud - The original Pub whore, master of airstrikes and arty and like sharpers so aggressive
5. Wraith/rico - arguable the best player in aus et.. i heard from a few pros he uses a no recoil bot so lolz
6 Dersaiden - the original newbnade master, pulled off some impossible shots in matches to secure parts/stop objective
7 Hammercrook - prob the best newbnader after ders went off the scene, some say it was forty but he was just a master tactician and wasnt the best shot so they stuck him with the newbstick.. sorta like biggz lol
7 Snow - Probebly the best aimer/tracker ive had the privilege of playing with dirty dirty mpitcher but his tracking was second to none.. shame he turned to a bot to try be #1
8 mo* boyz - All of them rocked.. warmachine and courageous were absolute animals
I pretty much agree with everything you've said except for BC(never thought he was THAT good) and dersaiden. I'd rate forty/hammerkrook above ders. I've never really had a chance to judge snow because I never knew if he was hacking or wtf. You could basically make 'aus top 10' out of just mo* players anyway.

Shrap and iceman34 would definitely be the greatest 'all rounder' or 'brain' players to play AUS et scene. Maybe add chevron to that list as well? I remember playing 3v3 with him and I learned crap loads playing with him. For aim i'd rate riCo the best followed by haste - these players (imo) are the only 2 that could match the aim of pro euros. Honorable mentions for gud aimerz: HANZ, maxxx, DanZai|, wulfg4ng, d-monk/chobit.

These days for aim it's dongo, meadow and stompy that are the best i'd say.

Underrated players:
ulti - if u didnt get banned for being a spastic you woulda DUN GUD
kyle/nad3bot - pro leader
g-train/rainbow/joker/POD - derp players that started playing late and pretty much only played ETPUB
LambofGod/Lemon - Aim

cant think of anymore

best team: TEAM MR or TEAM CLIQUE

Death_Reincarnated

Yeah heard of some of them but IMO the best players came from RtCW. I started playing RtCW at the same time it was being phased out by ET coming onto the scene. Speccing the players who would get massive kills (and many would on a full server) I was simply amased at not just aiming skill, but knowing the maps, pulling off noobtube shots, strafing, team work and more. I would not be suprised why many were so good at ET.

I still remember speccing one guy once (RtCW) and what he did was simply jaw dropping: (on ET_Beach) drops a timed airstrike which takes out 4-6 guys on the beach, takes another 3-4 guys rushing up the beach while using MG gun nest in the bunker (the left overs who havent died from air strike), he gets bleeded nearly to death so he hides and primes a nade, chucks one to the right where you plant the dyno at the door and gets two guys with the nade right on impact (no delay in hitting the ground), gets up turns left and while crouched picks off yet another 3-4 guys around the pillars on beach, all with mostly headshots, at this point hes lucky cos a med packs him up, he looks directly at the guy with panzer on the beach so what he does, runs to the back of the bunker and gets his team mate splattered by the enemy panzer, with less HP than before he runs out fo the bunker and up on it, packs with ammo, chucks another nade near the door while he throws an airstrike right in the edge of the bunkers front. Jumps forward, kills another mid air, primes a nade while hes flying and another 2-4guys right under the bunker get blown up parallel to the wall, while some poor bastard wants to gib him (cos he died falling) for his ammo and gets naded instead and that jump was not random..it was towards the enemy hiding around the enarest pillar near the barbed wire fence.

I swear this guy knew his map surroundings and was a frigging good aimer not just with smg. This was all when i pretty much started playing RtCW. I was like WTF OMG :0

Messenjah

You can still find some old demos of Australia ET at challenge TV.
I can upload an old Y*Y frag video if you guys want to check out some vintage frags.

PrinceOfDarkness*

As for pure aim my vote goes to mcspud hands down. Seen him up against snow, rico, shaggy, max and a few other sharp shooters but his tracking is just too amazing for anyone to compete. Shrapnel, mcspud and snow were a nice bunch that gave me some pointers on improving aim and gameplay so very long ago but I haven't forgotten any of it. <3

On OZ players I always struggle to kill these players when they aren't leaning Bambi, Blusky, Horus, Joker, Pooman and Rainy.

JoKeR

Messenjah said:
You can still find some old demos of Australia ET at challenge TV.
I can upload an old Y*Y frag video if you guys want to check out some vintage frags.
Yea man that would be nice. Btw the demos don't work on that site.