• Changes to Server go to this thread http://overzealousgamers.com/threads/etpub-changelog.6665/

Limits on Panzer

Status
Not open for further replies.

Antagonist

Death_Reincarnated said:
People will never stop QQing about ET. Just one of those detrimental things that throttles ET towards R.I.P.

The more changes there are the less ET will be fun, that is unless "you" want this server to be designed specifically for a certain ammount of players, or portion of the entire ET comunity; which inevitebly loses its audience at a much faster pace.

I still remeber good ol days when hardly any changes were made...and i gotta say people QQed way less then than they do now.
/FF

Sunncaeks

Antagonist said:
Death_Reincarnated said:
People will never stop QQing about ET. Just one of those detrimental things that throttles ET towards R.I.P.

The more changes there are the less ET will be fun, that is unless "you" want this server to be designed specifically for a certain ammount of players, or portion of the entire ET comunity; which inevitebly loses its audience at a much faster pace.

I still remeber good ol days when hardly any changes were made...and i gotta say people QQed way less then than they do now.
/FF
/FF

Death_Reincarnated

Antagonist said:
Death_Reincarnated said:

/FF

And I have the perfect ANTIDONE FOR IT...

iconoclasst

I don't like the Panzer at all. It reminds me of those people who tell you they are hunters, then take semi-automatic, telescopically assisted weapons into forests to kill Bambis and Thumpers. It seems unfair to me that an offensive weapon has such power without a defensive capability being available to the other team. I think a green-lantern style shield (with cool accompanying ring) should be developed. Or just ban the panzer completely. But consider the ring.

Of course this just my humble opinion.

Other things I like are:

Nude Mods with jiggling genitalia.
Adrenalin / poison for everybody.

Mozzie

iconoclasst said:
I don't like the Panzer at all. It reminds me of those people who tell you they are hunters, then take semi-automatic, telescopically assisted weapons into forests to kill Bambis and Thumpers. It seems unfair to me that an offensive weapon has such power without a defensive capability being available to the other team. I think a green-lantern style shield (with cool accompanying ring) should be developed. Or just ban the panzer completely. But consider the ring.

Other things I like are:

The panzer is the best weapon for quickly dispatching a medic, which as someone has already stated, is the most overpowered, and overused class on the server

Death_Reincarnated

-OZ-Mozzie said:
iconoclasst said:

Other things I like are:

The panzer is the best weapon for quickly dispatching a medic, which as someone has already stated, is the most overpowered, and overused class on the server
See this is what I mean about people QQing all the time.

The Medic SMGers QQ about getting panzered without even being able to get one headshot, while Heavy Weapons players QQ about having their weapons limited/downgraded.

As much as it can be annoying getting panzered around the corner by a noob, its still part of the game which adds dynamic.

Is it just me or has ET been constantly changed to favour SMG class based players such as the overused MEDIC.

Go f**kin play battlefield or COD if you want to SMG...oh wait they have panzers as well.....tough luck but heavy weapons are always put in FPS games to add dynamic...the more you make changes to steer from heavy weapons the more the game becomes linear and BOOOOOOOORING.

It also sounds to me like SMG players cant do anything else except SMG....oh wait wouldnt the same apply to players who use heavy weapons??? SO why QQ then...

Medic class IS overused and heavy weapons are good way to keep it balanced. I still dont know why people need to limit them and their input to the game. Kill or be Killed, simple. As for those who say it ruins the game...so do medics SKing constantly.

Sunncaeks

If you're good with an SMG, you're good with anything else the game has.

Infact, if you're good with a bolt-action rifle, you're good with anything else the game has. Now where's my rifle at...

The Admiral

Having panzer and rnades is what stops ET from being 12 medics vs 12 medics. People go Engineer, sometimes just for flak jacket to counter panzer/r nades.

TBH, I think that it is XP save that breaks the game. ET classes weren't designed for half the server to be medics with level 4 everything. If XP reset every 3 or even 5 maps, things would be a lot fairer. Much less SMG + panzer soldiers and akimbo wielding medics. Anyone who has played on a campaign server (those ancient things) for a considerable amount of time, will remember that back on them, medic wasn't overpowered, and panzers needed a little more skill, seeing as they only had a single pistol for backup if they missed the shot - they couldn't pull out and SMG or wait 2 seconds to fire another panzer. And medics had 30 ammo upon spawning. No full revive, and MUCH less med-pack spam. Classes were designed to be even for 3 maps, not for 100.

The Admiral

Giggling or jiggling? Two very different things. Jiggling is normal, but no friggin way do I want genitalia that GIGGLE! WHAT IS WRONG WITH YOU?!

nelots

Sunncaeks said:
Infact, if you're good with a bolt-action rifle, you're good with anything else the game has. Now where's my rifle at...
I'm good with the knife, does that mean I'm god?
P.S I stabby stabbed sardoo during his prime :banana:

The Admiral

nelots said:
Sunncaeks said:
I'm good with the knife, does that mean I'm god?

Black Racoon

Head Poncho
Staff member
The Admiral said:
When did you leave OZ Triggzy?

nvm. Looks like BR renamed everyone and just gave them colours instead.
It has been a recent addition as of tonight. It's too hard to track members with so many -OZ- especially when trying to return results or adding people to lists, It is just lots easier to have it basic like all other STANDARD large forums. Colors are still available :)

Status
Not open for further replies.