• Changes to Server go to this thread http://overzealousgamers.com/threads/etpub-changelog.6665/

SK Rule out the window

Hicksy

OK i know there is HEAPS of topics about this over the years but....

when was the last time we abolished the sk rule? can we maybe give it a go and maybe allow shuffles halfway if it gets out of hand?

maybe a trial for a week?

yay/nay? just asking what yas think

superMINGE

If it was to be done, then shuffling half way through still wouldn't be a great idea. That will make people rage against mods something chronic.

Hicksy

well thats what use to happen on the other servers without the rule.

if a team is getting that ridiculously sked to the bobbla then a shuffle should proceed.

Either that or it stays the way it is. the players can decided but u cant have both lol

Black Racoon

Head Poncho
Staff member
Well Better yet... WE could allow the power of ATB to rule the world. Just leaving it on would move players if it becomes unfair based on K/D, that could also mean unbalancing teams if we allowed it to, but 5 super skilled players could easily take out 9 really bad ones. So I reckon its fair in that sense.

Antagonist

ATB sucks... and ppl who like have never had it move them to the other team when your having fun camping newbs with your mates.. its like an IN GAME trigger happy just fun policing everything.

Trigger Happy

Antagonist said:
ATB sucks... and ppl who like have never had it move them to the other team when your having fun camping newbs with your mates.. its like an IN GAME trigger happy just fun policing everything.
Exactly.
Can't let you have fun camping all the time can we? So the idea is if you are sitting around camping the team to smitherines, you will be moved against your pals in an attempt to even the teams.
I don't mind SK when it is here or there, but when a team is just waiting for you to come out and kills you as soon as that invul is gone, then that team is just too stacked.
If you can't handle getting moved and getting camped and getting your own medicine, why would we abolish SK and just allow you all to camp and then QQ when you get some of your own?
For me to see SK gone, I'd say that server moderators get to move the top 1 or 2 players from the winning team to the losing team if a team is backed up in spawn or to see ATB left on the server to randomly put you on the opposite team should the teams become unfair.

Cheers

Antagonist

lol everyone is ganna camp and everyone is always ganna stack, short of G-Train everyone does.
infact we find great humor in all getting on venty and giving OZ a dirty camp, its classic and makes et enjoyable.
just abolish the SK rule and run with it :>

Frogma

Hmmm I'm worried that the reason I really enjoy sk'in these days is because it's illegal.

Although I always sk'ed as much as possible before that too... I don't think the rule applies to me. I must be god.

matilda

DerpLyfe
Antagonist said:
... we find great humor in all getting on venty and giving OZ a dirty camp, its classic and makes et enjoyable.
There's the problem right there. Attitude.

Having said that, I think the sk rules are way too difficult to police and probably should be abolished.

However, I'm sure players like Antagonist know there's no better way of clearing out a server than camping weaker players at spawn points - which kinda spoils his enjoyment :?

superMINGE

I don't really know what the ATB does in a technical sense, but in my limited knowledge doesn't do jack in an xp save server?

If not then ATB sounds perfect!

Antagonist

-OZ-matilda said:
Antagonist said:
... we find great humor in all getting on venty and giving OZ a dirty camp, its classic and makes et enjoyable.
There's the problem right there. Attitude.

Having said that, I think the sk rules are way too difficult to police and probably should be abolished.

However, I'm sure players like Antagonist know there's no better way of clearing out a server than camping weaker players at spawn points - which kinda spoils his enjoyment :?
LOL attitude.. we all at one stage or another have been camped by superior ppl or persons... it happens in EVERY SINGLE FPS GAME EVER!.. for ppl to simply wait for the opposing team to just walk out of spawn and do there thing before u can destroy them is propostuious..
i leave you with this...

Why would a Wookiee, an eight-foot tall Wookiee, want to live on Endor, with a bunch of two-foot tall Ewoks? That does not make sense! But more important, you have to ask yourself: What does this have to do with sk Nothing. Ladies and gentlemen, it has nothing to do with sk! It does not make sense! Look at me. I'm a Regular ET player defending a good mate, and I'm talkin' about Chewbacca! Does that make sense? Ladies and gentlemen, I am not making any sense! None of this makes sense! And so you have to remember, when you're in that OZ Admin room deliberatin' and conjugatin' the Emancipation Proclamation, does it make sense? No! Ladies and gentlemen of this supposed OZ team, it does not make sense! If Chewbacca lives on Endor, you must let us sk!!!

SkankyMoe

Antagonist said:
Why would a Wookiee, an eight-foot tall Wookiee, want to live on Endor, with a bunch of two-foot tall Ewoks? That does not make sense! But more important, you have to ask yourself: What does this have to do with sk Nothing. Ladies and gentlemen, it has nothing to do with sk! It does not make sense! Look at me. I'm a Regular ET player defending a good mate, and I'm talkin' about Chewbacca! Does that make sense? Ladies and gentlemen, I am not making any sense! None of this makes sense! And so you have to remember, when you're in that OZ Admin room deliberatin' and conjugatin' the Emancipation Proclamation, does it make sense? No! Ladies and gentlemen of this supposed OZ team, it does not make sense! If Chewbacca lives on Endor, you must let us sk!!!
ROFL - Everyone take your hats off and bow, thats the best comment Ive read on here for ages, gota pay credit where credit is due :lol: