• Changes to Server go to this thread http://overzealousgamers.com/threads/etpub-changelog.6665/

SK Rule out the window

Antagonist

its like trying to prove to death he is wrong... i wouldn't waste my breath cheeks...
guys medics are the Dominant CLASS!" whether you like it or not.. its the way it has always been.. engineers get a newbnade/mines, fops get arty and an airstrike
panzers get morons using them and coverts have a wide variety of options as well.... what honestly does a medic have without the ability to heal himself? the obligation to res a person u classify as an idiot or a risk? i think not.... the game is balanced, every classes have there pros and cons if your going to take away medics self heal, might as well make engineers not be able to plant mines or limit the fops airstrikes and arty to once a map!!..

And some stupid responses from players who i thought knew better... it funny how the new breed view this game...
but alot of you are also missing certain things... a good newbnader can beat a camping medic in any situation, look at hammercrook or someone like that.. he strikes fear into any camper..

@i0n your a fairly fresh and newish player to this game, most of the ppl that play it have played for a year or more... so its a good chance that everyone is going to kill whether there medic or not..... Welcome to ET

blusky

To not allow self packing is silly. Full stop. There shouldn't even be a proposal for this. It's gamebreaking and changes the game far to much, a medic that cannot heal himself is pretty much useless. A field OP and mortar attacking a chokepoint are far move devastating to a team that a few rambo meds.

Here's a better option - default all charge times along with the removal of the SK rules.

The Admiral

"guys medics are the Dominant CLASS!"

"the game is balanced"

Isn't that a little contradictory? If it was balanced, then surely there would be no dominant class, as all classes would be equally capable etc.

i0nwr1t3r

Are you guys seriously suggesting that a meds regeneration skills are not an advantage? Instantaneous? no,useful for helping you reach a health cabinet,yes.

As to engineers not planting :) You obviously have never been backraged while planting dyno or mines,that's why they have vests & meds get regen.

We are trying to analyze what legitimate changes need to occur to allow SK with all light weapons aren't we?

Trigger Happy

nelots said:
Stop and think, whats more devastating.......... a rambo medic with limited ammo or a spawn camping fop with unlimited ammo + air/arty strikes?
Medic is hands down. Arty you can usually side step, or wait till its over, the medic comes to hunt you down and kill you. Unlimited ammo is not the problem, there are plenty of huts or fops around at spawn to give you what you need + you pick up oppositions ammo and you are all set.
You might get panzered in spawn once or twice, but you will get a medic in spawn carving it up about 10 times a map :p

Cheers

Death_Reincarnated

Funny how every example is based on someone that is above all good or pro.....get real this is a public server with many players below par...if youre going to argue the point at least base it on players that have similar stregths as on this server...not some uber pro that plays comp matches......its like comparing apples and aoranges....COMPARE APPLES WITH APPLES!

nelots

The Admiral said:
"guys medics are the Dominant CLASS!"

"the game is balanced"

Isn't that a little contradictory? If it was balanced, then surely there would be no dominant class, as all classes would be equally capable etc.
He said 'class,' not the skill level of the muppet behind the monitor :)
"the game is balanced" because each class has their pros and cons.

-OZ-Trigger Happy said:
Medic is hands down. Arty you can usually side step, or wait till its over, the medic comes to hunt you down and kill you. Unlimited ammo is not the problem, there are plenty of huts or fops around at spawn to give you what you need + you pick up oppositions ammo and you are all set.
You might get panzered in spawn once or twice, but you will get a medic in spawn carving it up about 10 times a map :p
Cheers
Normally whilst you're trying to side step arty strikes there will be a few around the corner firing at you. The thing with fops is that you don't really need to be close to the action to actually choke a whole team whilst medics will be within range.
Also with medics when they're out of ammo they have to /kill or run the risk of getting killed scabbing guns off corpses whilst experienced fops will arty then /kill and hop, skip and jump back for round 2.

@death - seriously look at all the regular players on the servers. Majority of them are old school players since node or longer which is pretty much as old as your apples vs apples/apples vs oranges anal-orgy :).

arabidgypsy

-OZ-Trigger Happy said:
nelots said:
Stop and think, whats more devastating.......... a rambo medic with limited ammo or a spawn camping fop with unlimited ammo + air/arty strikes?

Cheers
Problem is when you're a panza or fop and you're sking you tend to get kicked alot quicker. Well that's from my point of view anyway.

Frogma

Haha if you took away self med healing the amount of spam going into allies would be phenomenal. Do it.

And for the record I am a much cooler type of spawn killer, I like to go right into the other teams spawn and wait for afkers or people who are typing when they spawn - and then stab em. I get !kicked with a big smile on my face.

Black Racoon

Head Poncho
Staff member
Well currently ATB isn't working by K/D its wroking on PRW which imo is crap, however peoples PRW are pretty similar in level in comparison to other players to their KD, when I did some tests today. We shall see how it goes.

The dev team are working on getting ATB to run on KD so you will all be informed when that is done. Also I will try and implement that one person doesn't get moved twice in one map, however its not a simple cvar we gotta code it in so please be patient.

Kind Regards, BR